Honda Element Owners Club banner

Check engine light on?

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  the_box_rox 
#1 ·
My check engine light is on; 110k miles......could it be o2 sensor? To the best of my knowledge it's never been replaced.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Could be...

Also could be a loose gas cap or an evap system fault or a vtec fault or a VTC fault or or an IAT fault or an ECT fault or a TPS fault or a camshaft phase error fault or a transmission fault or it could be.....

Hey, here's a wild idea!

Instead of guessing at what it could be, how about getting the code read?

Wouldn't that almost make sense?

#3 ·
Nope, not the gas cap.
I've owned 5 Hondas and each time the check engine light has come on it's been the o2 sensor.
Around here shops want $75-$90 to plug in and determine the fault code......they're real fair though...they'll apply that towards the repair job if you have them replace the $40 sensor that takes 2 minutes for about $150

#6 ·
^^^THIS^^^ Because having your own basic code scanner is just one of those tools that somebody should have if they do any basic maintenance/repairs on their own vehicles. Plus it can save you hundreds of dollars in unnecessary shop visits.

#9 ·
Hey if you wait around for next Thursday I have a reader and will be down there getting some stuff at the airport and could check your code instead of guessing or you can go to Craigens or Auto zone and you can get it read for free and also Aamco does the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.