Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got the warning? Mine started flashing last night. I've checked the fuel cap and it's on tight. It's very annoying to see it everytime I start the E, I can get rid of it by pushing the trip meter but still.

On a different note, I got my oil changed last week and I noticed few days ago that I have oil leak on my parking spot. So much for Honda dealership service. I've checked the oil level and it seems tad above full mark.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
You may have a bad cap and if you have a aftermarket cap like Stant there have been some problems with those. As for the oil leak when they change the oil filter sometimes the oil will get on the sub frame and if they did not wipe it off and it will drip for a few days.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have a bad cap and if you have a aftermarket cap like Stant there have been some problems with those. As for the oil leak when they change the oil filter sometimes the oil will get on the sub frame and if they did not wipe it off and it will drip for a few days.
The gas cap is stock Honda and for oil leak, I had asked them to change the oil filter as well. I think you're maybe right, the leak is rather dark color.

·
Registered
12 Posts
it takes a few drive cycles for the fuel cap light to clear itself. should be gone within a day or two.

a drive cycle = cold engine, engine gets to operating temp, then to cold again.

the oil is residual. if the tech doesn't use enough brake cleaner, that's what happens. i wouldn't be worried. if it was a loose drain plug, the oil would be golden.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys.

Just came back from the dealer today, everything is tight under the engine. Apparently the placement of the oil filter is as such that it doesn't leave a lot of room for the tech to catch all the oil and so some of it ends up pouring on the subframe.

The gas cap warning went away this morning so I didn't bother mentioning it to the dealer. As for dealer service, they were great, they took me in right away eventhough they were very busy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts