Honda Element Owners Club banner

would you get this

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I thought that I'm done (for now) with my E, I ran into this:

I'm getting more details on this. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey that is a great pic of a grill guard.

Please tell me where I can get one on my Element.

Keep me informed when you get more info!

Thanks for the nice big closeup pic.
:eek:

·
Registered
27 Posts
looks like a stretched hummer grill, but looks good, and very chic, but it looks custom, if not - where can i get one???

·
Registered
245 Posts
Leave it to you guys over the West Coast ...grr I hate you..... :wink: ..damn here in the east Coast is all about muscle cars.....only few ppl get into modding their cars.... :cry: 8) ....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Several photos of this modified grille (custom body kit?) were posted to another E forum a couple of weeks ago. It was spotted on a black E parked out front of Diamond Bar Honda in California. The original spotter / photographer asked at Diamond Bar Honda about what the heck it was (and I followed up with email to the dealership with a reference photo). DB Honda told the on-site visitor 'Duhh....' and never bothered to respond to my email.

No one's yet been able to identify what it is or whether it might be something others could buy and install....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, it is on a blk E at Diamond Bar Honda. I saw it last Friday when I dropped off my Oddy for service. I asked around and noboday seemed to know who did the custom work on it. Well, I went back on Saturday again. Finally the sales manager told me that their General Manager sent the E out to some place for that custom body work along with the painted panels. He was nice enough to look the file but ONLY told me the place is Ultratrim and wouldn't give me anymore info. He said I should talk to a service mgr for quotes if I'm interested.

Well, yesterday I looked around and called some people and finally found this Ultratrim place. It is a company based in Gardena, CA. Their web site is www.ultratriminc.com. I spoke to Tom at Ultratrim and here's the info I got so far.

The price for the piece is $295 RAW, $595 painted and installed. The interesting thing is that Tom said they're still working on fine tuning the look of the piece. The final version will be ready in 3-4 weeks. He'll notify me as soon as it is ready.

I asked him if I can kind of gether some of the interests from this board, will he be able to offer a group discount. He mentioned something like 6% off. If you guys do have some level of interest in getting this, express them here. Maybe I can't try to work something out for everyone when it becomes available.

BTW, I do have some more pics from Tom. I'll try to post them tonight.

·
Registered
504 Posts
It doesn't strike my fancy (looks like it's extremely well made, tho) but I'm ecstatic that mods like this are starting to come out. If manufacturer's see that they can make money with these mods, more and more options will be available for all of us.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I closely examed the piece. It was indeed very well made. The only thing I was bit worried about was the gap/overlap (very tiny and fine) between the piece and the original bumper cover (the plastic panel bwtween the head lights and around the top opening). Since the piece and the bumper cover were all painted black, it didn't really look add-on or bolt-on. But, if I'm not gonna paint the plastic panel, it makes me wonder how it will look. I'm thnking of painting the piece to GGM to match the body color. Or, grey to match the panels or just matt finish black. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
227 Posts
About the "Hummer" comment before... I think it looks more like a Jeep Grand Cherokee grill :wink:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah it looks to "Jeepish" with the 7 slots in the grill. Not something I would consider.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good, but again another Hummer thing...

Lets get away from the "HUMMER MOVEMENT". :evil:

We Element owners must make an Identity of the "ELEMENT". All I see is "baby hummer", "H3", "H2.5", half a hummer...etc... Look in ebay and search for "Element" and you will find all kinds of "Hummer" relelated item.

I say long live the "ELEMENT". Dont put these stickers and stay away from the "Hummer Movement"... Im sure all of you bought the Element not wanting to look like a Hummer, but because the Element is cool and unique by itself!!!

I think the Hummer owners need to buy stickers showing "Daddy Element".

Just a thought. :wink:

·
Registered
311 Posts
[quote:5b4954fc73="Don Clarence"]Just when I thought that I'm done (for now) with my E, I ran into this:

I'm getting more details on this. What do you guys think?[/quote:5b4954fc73]

Yecchhhh.....a bit too much I think.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
106 Posts
minor clarification....
a few months ago DiamlerChrysler sued GM, claiming that Hummer copied the 7 vertical slot grill treatment from jeep. They are exactly the same seven-vertical-slot grill.

and Bayani, amen brother. Last thing I want to do is try to encourage the Hummer comparisons. But to each his own. it is a neat idea for a mod.[/quote]

·
Registered
27 Posts
agreed, anti-hummer, i think the grill is unique, but they can come up with a much better design...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I WOULD like some cool MODs to come out but I'm not sure I'm particularly interested in tis one.. hahaha If anyone finds a site with a bunch of cool MODs please leave a link or some thing

THANKS!

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote:1d0c0a2574="hunterbase"]minor clarification....
a few months ago DiamlerChrysler sued GM, claiming that Hummer copied the 7 vertical slot grill treatment from jeep. They are exactly the same seven-vertical-slot grill.

and Bayani, amen brother. Last thing I want to do is try to encourage the Hummer comparisons. But to each his own. it is a neat idea for a mod.[/quote:1d0c0a2574]
And if folks go horizontal, then the Rover folks (Range Rover / Land Rover) will be in the courts claiming that is their copyright.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I bought my E with that grille from Power Honda Costa Mesa, There are a few dealers doing this to there E's I took mine last week for some warranty work and they said I had to talk to the sales guy about the warranty work, Well to make a long story short he thought it was a used Jeep instead of a new E, once he realized that it was covered. With the eblems shaved in the rear I get a lot of looks and questions on what is it.

It is truly an H.5 now.

HB

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry about the H.5 comment. It is truly an HBElement

HB

1 - 20 of 95 Posts