Registered
6,238 Posts
Nice !

Thanks ! Nice fish too!

Dom

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Wow, great video! Honda should use that as it's next Element commercial!

·
Registered
877 Posts
Name of the song is "Surround" by In-Flight Safety.

Could be a great commercial if they shortened it up a bit in the middle and then had the guy putting his gear in the back of the E at the end and then driving off into the sunset ;)

I like the concept of that rack, but, not the concept of someone rear-ending my bikes... as well as I'd imagine with as much extra length it adds, it could be easy to forget its there (although I guess that is the same with any bike rack, whether its a hitch or roof mount.)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Wow, great video! Honda should use that as it's next Element commercial!
I strongly agree, Honda should partner with companies that make the products for the activities we loving doing when we park the E. Looking at images of an E in a suburban driveway is not the same as looking at an Acura in the same driveway. Not many of us bought our Es for its curb appeal, but rather how it complements biking, paddling, hiking, camping etc. and the other activities we love.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts

·
Registered
847 Posts
I like the concept of that rack, but, not the concept of someone rear-ending my bikes... as well as I'd imagine with as much extra length it adds, it could be easy to forget its there (although I guess that is the same with any bike rack, whether its a hitch or roof mount.)
http://www.northshoreracks.com/ It's a local BC company so I can see why it's in the video. It's great rack at accommodating the big hit bikes with bolt on front wheels that are famous in the North Shore. Notice it holds FOUR bikes with the front wheel on in very close proximity to each other. A thule/yak rack that did the same on horizontal trays would extend much further & would make it harder to put the bikes on/off. They're pricey, but it's a great, simple design.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I strongly agree, Honda should partner with companies that make the products for the activities we loving doing when we park the E. Looking at images of an E in a suburban driveway is not the same as looking at an Acura in the same driveway. Not many of us bought our Es for its curb appeal, but rather how it complements biking, paddling, hiking, camping etc. and the other activities we love.
Remember the early Xterra commercials. Nissan nailed their market campaign. They even did an adventure race series to promote the vehicle. I knew tons of people that bought the early models when they were cheaper, smaller and less of a soccer mom vehicle. Honda just never figured out how to market the E to the same demographic group.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts