Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would introduce myself!

Some of you have seen pictures of parts of my stereo install in this thread: http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57675

I have worked for the past 13 years as a full time mobile electronics installer (and part time for 4 years before that during college).

My 2003 EX4wd was purchased brand new. I have about 120k on it. It has been good to me so far. What a shock when I had to replace the starter! Remove the intake manifold! That certainly didn't seem to be the Honda "I" knew!! (I have had a 85 prelude, 4 CRX's, a 90 Civic sedan, 95 Civic, and my wife currently drives a supercharged Acura GSR) I was also a little disappointed that I had to replace all the suspension components. But, after I bit the bullet on that one, it drives like new again (and was very easy to do..)

This past week I was hired as a Technology Teacher for a new elementary school that is just opening. I am pretty excited about that opportunity.

I know that Zach has the lockdown on most of the electrical questions, but if you guys need any installation questions asked, feel free to shoot me a message.

And, if anyone needs any fiberglass molds of Element pieces, I have molds for the center console(floor one), pillars, subwoofer cover, and the area where the HVAC controls are. I would have no problem with letting someone borrow them.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this forum!

-JOey Knapp

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Welcome Joey Knapp

Fill out your profile..............

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Welcome Joey, great pics in the electronics section. Look forward to seeing more of you mad install skills in your E. Also I would appreciate more pics and info on that sub box in the back.:)

Drew:)

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A West COast welcome...

Hey JOeyK,

A big welcome from the Cali-side of E-Life...! Glad to hear that she's been treating you good after 120K miles... Keep posting them "how-to" mods... You have a natural teaching-style...!

Nice work...!
LBD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts