Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all! I'm new around here. Recently I've been looking at Elements and considering buying one. I didn't use to, I thought they kinda looked cool, but then I rode in a friend of mine's. Loved the inside! I've been looking around the forums and researching a bit about them. I've read the stickys and got what I could around the internet. Just had a couple of questions:

1. How is the rear cargo space with the seats folded up? Could I fit a bicycle inside?

2. I've noticed a lot of people are dog-owners, but I'm not. What are some other practical uses from having an element?

3. Here's a couple of them I'm looking at, what do you think?

This one seems like a screamin' deal. In fact, it almost makes me question it. It's a used 2007 2WD EX. ~34,000 miles for $12,000
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=2414125

Here's the other. This one is for sale by owner.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=2368425

Thanks for any help, this is my first time buying my own vehicle and any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Also remember the rear seats can be removed altogether or just remove one to give you tremendous cargo carrying capacity. I just got back from a four day camping trip and carried everything I needed in the back as well as slept back there (with the optional Cabana). The clam shell rear door is also a really great feature when you want access to your gear but don't want to open the whole back end up (like the CR-V) and don't have a lot of room to swing the door to the side (like the RAV4).

The turning radius is unbelievable, even better than my civic, which is handy in tight parking spaces, and so is the visability out the back and rear quarter windows.

·
Registered
35 Posts
"A" bicycle??

With handlebars turned and pedals removed, my record is 7. (Plus a couple boxes of parts, two frames, a couple wheels, and several miscellaneous tires.

Oh yeah, four more bikes were on the hitch mounted rack. :roll:

The biggest single bike I had in mine so far was a Raleigh DL-1 with a 24" frame and 28" wheels. The E swallowed this monster right up. I had to tilt it to get it in upright. (The bell mounted on the handlebars was higher than the hatch opening.)

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
The bike question has been answered so I'll leave that one alone.

As far as other uses, I have a dog (which it's the best for) but I also use mine at least weekly if not daily for transportation of my drum set, amps, keyboards, tools, construction materials, plants, gardening supplies, mulch, hay bales, chainsaws and chainsawing gear, major appliances, and damn near anything else you can think of.

The 2007 seems like a great steal as long as it's in good condition. As with any used car, have it checked out by a good, trustworthy mechanic before buying.

BTW finish filling out your profile - where are you located?

EDIT: Hmmmm...zombie thread?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts