1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
557 Posts
HAHAHAHA! It looks like a dodge nitro, or an aztec, and that was an ugly POS, it looks like a Nitro had sex with an Element but it was really cheating on the caliber with an Aztec and a big "WTF" to the goggle-headlights.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Chevy should just stop trying and maybe wear protection!:neutral:
In the past I have always been against forced sterilization but if this is the result, I have definately changed my mind!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Remember when they had a Corvette mate with an S-10 and came up with the Chevy SSR? Same idea. Chevy should wear protection from now on...

Did anyone see the recent commercials for the Malibu where they said that Honda was only good at making lawnmowers? Now they prove that they are full of crap. Honda came up with it first... and Chevy can't match it, that's why they always try to compare the Malibu to an Accord, because they are litteraly trying to beat Honda, though they should just pretend that they're not.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Got to say it... That thing is everything that ISN'T an Element. The sides curve in toward the roof so there's no room inside, the hood is even higher than the new ugly design of the '09 E, the rear doors open out like any other junk-mobile so you don't have the E's versatility, the mirrors are... Where ARE the mirrors?

They tried to copy the look of the E's trim and came up with "ugly" instead - but they did fix the exposed radiator problem. Whadaya bet that the thing has a hatchback too?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
it looks like a 4 door. If it is a hatchback then there will be ZERO room behind the rear seats. This looks like an attempt to compete with the KIA Soul ultra compact segment. They just don't have anyone competent in the design department. It is ugly. There is no obvious reason to it's shape or design. It looks like it will have some major aerodynamics issues with the tall front end and wind up hurting potential gas mileage, which is something Chevy really needs to prove they can do.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
awwww
you let your son work for gm?
that's soooo cute!

It does look a lot like some kid designed it....
anyone else notice that it looks like a reverse opening hood??? (exterior hood latch on the front quarter panel)

·
Registered
155 Posts
i dont' get it. its like a suv version of ford fiesta or something of that nature.

the scion xB is more like an element than any other car out there. hell, even the cube is similar to the xB.

that thing. no. and where exactly is the space in that damn thing?

·
Registered
539 Posts
I did a double take the other day in Wal-Mart when I went past a Transformers toy display and saw one of those. I was like "They put an Element in the movie? Sweet!" Then I looked a bit closer and found myself thinking "oh, it's a Chevy...uh...what the heck is that thing?" :confused:

It's a bit weird looking for my taste, and it's still a GM product. I think I'm going to pass on buying one when they come out as production vehicles...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
It would be nice if Transformers used more than just GM to base their autos from. Would be nice to see a little less product placement in movies. Unless of course it is blatant like in Wayne's World:D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah i'm kinda surprised they didn't try to squeeze in the "Like a Rock" chevy theme song into the movie.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It would be nice if Transformers used more than just GM to base their autos from. Would be nice to see a little less product placement in movies. Unless of course it is blatant like in Wayne's World:D
I hate it when people blatantly advertise something in a way that doesn't make sense just for money *while wearing all Pepsi clothes*

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I read somewhere that it is being built, well something close to it, for the euro market, it is supposed to compete in the sub or micro market.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I just noticed the look on the face of the guy standing behind it in the picture but I'm not sure if he's trying hard to keep from laughing or it's the pained look of an average consumer thinking "what-the-heck-is-that-thing?"

1 - 20 of 26 Posts