Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:DWho's currently from Chicago or the burbs of Chicago? Not used to be but actually live here still. I'd like to see a thread for just people in my area because I see so many Elements around I may actually recognize someone if only people from round here reply.

I'd say I see at least 10 Elements every day around Elgin, IL. where I live. Anybody from Elgin here?

Where's all the Chicagoland people from?

I'm Joe by the way so if you see the truck in my sig yell at me sometime

·
Registered
226 Posts
Lombard MotoChef

I'm in the Lombard area!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Berwyn!

I'm just outside the city in Berwyn. Harlem & Cermak approx.

2-3 Es on my block any given night. Mine and my neighbor's Black SC.:D

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Yeah, I'm in Elgin. North East sider, around the Jewel Have been for about 35 years. Before that Carpentersville.You can spot me by my EOC sticker in the rear window and my amber reflector fake fog lights.:D

Just don't come walking up though. I don't trust weirdos who want to meet via the INTERNET.:-x

:lol:

·
Registered
124 Posts
you people up here have a weird sense of distance. Elgin is 35 driving miles from Chicago. i would consider it a suburb. we went to the pleasant praire outlet mall and was talking to someone in the store and they said they had never been to Northbrook Mall which isnt that far. People in Zion think that Gurnee is to far for them to drive. what is up with that?

·
Registered
357 Posts
you people up here have a weird sense of distance. Elgin is 35 driving miles from Chicago. i would consider it a suburb. we went to the pleasant praire outlet mall and was talking to someone in the store and they said they had never been to Northbrook Mall which isnt that far. People in Zion think that Gurnee is to far for them to drive. what is up with that?

I agree. Unders normal circumstances 35 miles is nothing. When you work 35 miles from home and have a small child waiting for you at the end of the day 35 miles feels like a long way.:-(

Truly it's the time that matters not the miles. My one way commute of 35 miles is at minimum 1 hour. Leave in the morning at 6:30 and get back at 6 - 6:30 at night. It's the only reason My wife and I are trying to sell our house.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Willowbrook

·
Registered
71 Posts
Woodridge. And what the hell is with every Element owner I see either A) Not looking out for other Element owners, or B) Over the age of 60!!!!!!!!:lol:

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
. . . And Elgin is not really a suburb of Chicago, it's far from Chicago.... ha ha
This sound like the opinion of someone who isn't a native of the region.

By most commonly accepted definitions, Elgin is a suburb of Chicago, the largest urban community in the region. Elgin's City Hall is only 7 miles further from O'Hare International Airport, which is within Chicago's city limits, than is Chicago's City Hall.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Woodridge. And what the hell is with every Element owner I see either A) Not looking out for other Element owners, or B) Over the age of 60!!!!!!!!:lol:
A) What do you mean by "looking out for Element owners"? Are we supposed to have Element tatoos on our foreheads or something? Are you looking for outside validation of your self worth?

Repeat after me, "I am not my job, not my clothes, not my possessions, and not my car."

I notice other people's Elements because it makes me happier knowing that other people are discovering the same pleasures, and because it gives me more confidence that if I have to replace my Element in the future, a new new will be available for sale.

B. Just 'cause someone's body is over 60, doesn't mean that their spirit has atrophied. Appreciating and valuing functionality doesn't prohibit wanting to have fun driving.

The early adopters of Elements in my neighborhood were mostly over 40, and if we have anything in common, it may be that we tend to do whatever pleases us, regardless of the latest fads or popular opinion. At the time I bought mine, I hadn't seen another one on the road.

The fact that someone with much more disposable income than the average 17 year old also chooses to own an Element, doesn't diminish the intrinsic value of the Element any more than it increases the intrinsic value of a Porche!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
A) What do you mean by "looking out for Element owners"? Are we supposed to have Element tatoos on our foreheads or something? Are you looking for outside validation of your self worth?

Repeat after me, "I am not my job, not my clothes, not my possessions, and not my car."

I notice other people's Elements because it makes me happier knowing that other people are discovering the same pleasures, and because it gives me more confidence that if I have to replace my Element in the future, a new new will be available for sale.

B. Just 'cause someone's body is over 60, doesn't mean that their spirit has atrophied. Appreciating and valuing functionality doesn't prohibit wanting to have fun driving.

The early adopters of Elements in my neighborhood were mostly over 40, and if we have anything in common, it may be that we tend to do whatever pleases us, regardless of the latest fads or popular opinion. At the time I bought mine, I hadn't seen another one on the road.

The fact that someone with much more disposable income than the average 17 year old also chooses to own an Element, doesn't diminish the intrinsic value of the Element any more than it increases the intrinsic value of a Porche!!!

Well some one is finding the question a touchy subject.

By "looking out for" I mean example Motorcycle riders always give each other the low sign when passing each other, vw bug drivers give each other the peace sign, I look for other element drivers and look to give them a friendly gesture, (like hang loose, or 2 to the side (but you old farts probably wouldn't get that) and when I do the other Element driver is A) not looking that "OH HAY COOL ANOTHER E DRIVER or B) they cant see out of their over tinted cataracts sunglasses. I'm just saying, my observation of E drivers has been that the majority of the ones that I see are close if not retired. NOT SAYING OLDER PEOPLE SUCK OR ARE BAD but in your case psschmied, if I'm ever cruising in your area and I see you driving, my gesture won't be a friendly one.
AND THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY ON THAT!!

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Well some one is finding the question a touchy subject.
. . . I look for other element drivers and look to give them a friendly gesture . . . when I do the other Element driver is A) not looking that "OH HAY COOL ANOTHER E DRIVER or B) they cant see out of their over tinted cataracts sunglasses. . . my observation of E drivers has been that the majority of the ones that I see are close if not retired. . . . in your case psschmied, if I'm ever cruising in your area and I see you driving, my gesture won't be a friendly one. . . .
If you can tell if another driver has gas, cataracts or is retired from just looking at them, then should I be terrified of the damage your scathing gesture might inflict when it hits my windshield, like in an X-Men movie? :)

Maybe the reason for the lack of response to your hand signals is that the people who see you waving your arm in the air while driving, think you're talking to someone on the phone, or just being silly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you can tell if another driver has gas, cataracts or is retired from just looking at them, then should I be terrified of the damage your scathing gesture might inflict when it hits my windshield, like in an X-Men movie? :)

Maybe the reason for the lack of response to your hand signals is that the people who see you waving your arm in the air while driving, think you're talking to someone on the phone, or just being silly.
This is the stupidest response I've ever heard.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts