Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
[quote:0e30daac1a="pookSter"]All you have to do EMASS is just drop the firmware file in the root directory of the Archos, and like magic, it boots to the new version...real simple and it will add about 25 features to your Archos model, extend your battery life,well, here is a list for ya
http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/features.html

If you need some help...let me know.[/quote:0e30daac1a]

How do you do that? I want to buy one of these! 8)

· Registered
98 Posts
[quote:8c4abbcb8f="pookSter"]Sunstroke said:
How do you do that? I want to buy one of these!

How do you do what Sunstroke?
Copy it to the MP3 player?
All the Archos models show up as an extra hard drive on your computer as soon as you plug it in, so you not only have an MP3 player, but a portable 20 gig hard drive as well. Great for backing up/transporting files.[/quote:8c4abbcb8f]

I wanted to know how to copy the Rockboxx software to the Archos. Thanks for the reply!

GS

· Registered
98 Posts
Pookster,

Seems like you like the Archos! Have you had any problems with it? Any problems withe Rockboxx software? Can't you download updates from Archos? Too many Questions! Any info on it would be greatly appreciated! I really like to research stuff befor I buy it!
8)
Thanks, GS

· Registered
98 Posts
I just got my Archos Jukebox Recorder 20 on sale today from Circuit City for $230, with a $30 rebate! I bought a 5 port USB2 card from Buy.com for $25, and the cable from Radioshack for $5. I must say that I love this thing so far! It sounds pretty sweet, although as others have stated, the headphones that came with it are pretty crappy. Thanks to all who gave there opinions on this awesome MP3 player! I am installing Rockbox next! 8)

· Registered
98 Posts
I can not figure out how to drop the firmware file in the root directory of the Archos!! I am semi-computer literate, but I cannot figure out how to do it. Any help? I guess I need EXACT directions. I already downloaded the file. Thanks in advance! 8)

· Registered
98 Posts
Does anyone know if a power cord could be used with the Archos Recorder in the E? I am thinging something plugged into the power outlet to save/recharge the batteries?

Thanks, 8)

· Registered
98 Posts
I opened the battery compartment on my Recorder 20, and it said something like "Caution, only use Archos rechargable batteries!" Is this an obvious ploy to make more money, or is there some good reason behind it? :?

· Registered
98 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I knew they were the Nickel Metal Rechargables, I didn't know if we could use some other brand like Energizer (which I have some of) or they had to be the Archos brand. I guess as long as they are 1.2 volt NMH rechargables it doesn't matter! I probably have around 100 cd's so far, I dought I will ever fill it! I think I have sold it on at least 2 other people so far! The thing rocks! Thanks for all the info! I showed my buddy how easy and cool it was, and he went right to his wife for approval. 8)

· Registered
98 Posts
Pookster,

You said battery life was 10 hours, I am getting maybe 3.5 tops! I initially charged it per the instructions, and when I charge it, I leave it on until it says "Battery Charged". Any ideas? Thanks in advance! 8)

· Registered
98 Posts
Pookster,

Man, that is so sweet! I LOVE technology!! I know my wife would WANT me to have it! (She just doesn't know it yet!) When does it come out? You should work for those guys! 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.