Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a musician, it's pretty common for me to take rough mixes of my latest work in the car for heavy rotation and evaluation. In my old car, I used the cassette deck, but in the E, I plan to use the AUX and an MP3 player. However, I'm having a rough time deciding what to get.

I'd love to have an iPod of course, but I really don't want to spend that much on a non-essential like that. The main concerns are finding a player that a) can run on AC power and b) is both Mac & PC compatible. I'm trying to decide whether I want to go with a CD-based player, which basically means unlimited storage space and total computer compatibility, or if I want to get a simple solid state player. Most of the time I only bring two or three songs in for evaluation... anything more permanent than that will likely just get burnt on a CD, so maybe storage isn't an issue. And of course there are removable storage models as well. I'm trying to stay under $100. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!
Drew

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I was looking at the NEX, but it doesn't have any way to run it on AC power. I think the IIe (the new one) does have AC input, but the new one is also more expensive. Still, I do use compact flash for my camera and already have a 128-MB card....

Hmm... a good option to consider...

Thanks!

Drew

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I just got a RioVolt 250 on eBay. It's CD-based, so it's totally unlimited for memory... reads CD-RWs, MP3 and WMA, and has a handy remote control so I don't have to lean over to get at the buttons. I think it'll do nicely!

Unfortunately I bid on two different auctions by the same guy for the same item by mistake, and won them both! Hopefully I can talk the guy out of making me actually take both of them...

In any case, descision made! :)

Drew

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just as an update, I got my RioVolt SP250 and I think it's great. Not only does it have a wired remote so I don't have to reach far to change the song, but it's gray and black so it matches my interior nicely. :) Only complaints are that it's a little large to fit in the trays by the dash jacks and that the AC can turn off if the cord gets tweaked in the wrong direction. Still, it's very cool and I'm thrilled with it. Already put my entire Sting collection on one CD, and all of my Art of Noise on another, and that's at 160kbs quality. :)

Drew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.