Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Absolutely amazing things happened in my hometown these past 72 hours!!

I'm just going to copy and paste from wfaa.com where the story was originally from. There will be a large news segment over it tonight, if you live in the DFW area. Also, the facebook link is to my pics I took, from our float, to the massive turnout for a town that less than 4k people live in. An owner of a Red E has been parked at their house for a few days, possibly family. :)

this is the short news clip they did so far:http://www.wfaa.com/video/?nvid=383636&shu=1

click on the photos, should be a photo album for the event: http://www.facebook.com/onelasttoday

"KRUM - A five-year-old girl is in the fight of her life.

She's battling a brain tumor, a fight doctors believe she won't win.

She keeps asking daddy, 'when's Christmas?'

It's a question an entire town turned out to answer.

It was above 100 degrees on Saturday but it was still Christmas in Krum.

Only 3,700 people live in this town but more than that turned out to watch a parade in honor of Reagan Richards.

Children, cops and firefighters came to the parade which welcomed Reagan with a high-flying banner.

Once the parade begun, Reagan watched from her own little throne, recovering from chemo and steroids, to suppress her pain.

Her parents said she had started the day feeling poorly.

But there is nothing like a parade, which starts in daylight and lasts into the night, to change a kid's mood, especially with Santa Claus and a fire engine covered with Christmas lights.

"I didn't think it was going to be this huge," said Reagan's father, Shawn Richards. "It was unreal. She loved it. She was smiling and she was waving and she was saying 'get me candy,' to all the kids and they were all gathering the candy up and bringing it to her."

One thing the organizers really wanted was a snow machine.

A company in Austin brought one up for the parade for free."

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts