Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this?

I looked up the directions on Handa and it looks to me like it is simply tightening one screw...am I wrong...is it more complicated? Please advise....because Handa wants $21.60 for it, while Honda list is $30, and my dealer wants $77 for it installed.

Thanks a Bunch!
Diane :eek:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yup, buy it for $21 and do it yourself. Simple just like most of the add on's. Or save some money and go to a place like Auto zone or Pep boys and buy a chrome tip for 5 bucks and put it on. Thats what i did and looks just as good. Please don't let Honda take your money like that.

BTW.. the roof rack takes about 10 minutes and the keyless entry takes about 10 minutes to do yourself.

Brian
SLM 5-speed 8)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brian!

About the roof rack....I'm a little scared.....I am really afraid that I may hurt my E....did you have to drill?

Thanks again...I will def. do the exhaust myself!
Diane

·
Registered
608 Posts
StLouis,

If you check out HandA's site, they have detailed instructions. It will show you how to install just about everything.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello Diane, There is no drilling. The holes are already there. All you do is pop out some plastic covers with a flat screwdriver then start bolting in the racks. You might have someone on the other side of the E help hold the rack up so you dont scratch the paint while you are bolting. You can also save more money by buying the racks on eBay. I paid $165 for mine. Good luck, Brian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts