Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter it was working intermittently, after the car warmed up it'd work for a while then stop.

Now the front & rear 12V outlets (cigarette lighters, whatever you call them) have stopped working.

A fuse change has offered no solution, though I will revisit that shortly to be 100% sure.

I've tried searching the forum for other threads but I might be using the wrong word combination.

Anyone else experience this issue? Or know where I can read up on the experiences of others??

Thanks

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
There is a relay that turns on the power outlets and I don't know where it is but others will be able to tell you where it is.
Flynn:grin:

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Under-dash relay box:
Fuse 2, 15A, Rear accessory power socket
Fuse 18, 15A, Front power socket, rear power socket relay

If both sockets are out, it should be #18. Even if it doesn't look blown, replace with a new fuse with clean contacts to be sure.

Note that the fuses are numbered from left to right starting with the bottom row. So the top row is 21-25, the middle row 11-20, and bottom row 1-10.

·
Registered
11 Posts
both rear and front electric outlets not working

I have a 2003 element with 120K Miles on it which I drove acrosss country in and shipped to Hawaii when I moved here 4 years ago. No real big issues thus far. This is not a big issue but both the rear and front electric outlet stopped working a few weeks ago. Fuses? Which ones? Something else? Sorry to ask, but when it comes to fixing a car issue, I am lost.

Aloha from Hawaii

Buzz

·
Registered
2004 Honda Element Ex
7 Posts
I have a 04 EX with both power outlets out. I changed both fuses to no avail. I know that there is a relay behind the glove box but that only controls the rear power from what I have read. In the case that I am wrong and it controls both is it possible that changing this relay may help?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts