Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trouble-shooting a problem with my downstream O2 sensor.
The sensor is new and the wiring is good.
My brother traced the wiring back to the control board behind the glove box.
When he inspected the PCB he found a damaged component ... see picture.
Two questions:
1. Has anybody had success repairing this circuit board?
2. What is the part number for this control board assembly if I need to replace it?
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering
Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic component Electronic engineering

·
Registered
2009 LX, Auto, AWD, Omni Pearl Blue
195 Posts
It looks like you posted two of the same photo. Did you mean to post a second photo with a close-up of the damaged component?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you need any electronic components to be replaced on the circuit board you can always get parts from digikey

DigiKey Electronics Home

And there are electronic repair places that will repair your circuit board for you if it can be repaired, they can probably figure out what parts your board needs too
Thank you I'm hoping we can determine the value of that component. I suspect whoever made the board for this unit use their own part numbers and not a generic

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am confused as the unit in my element shows a part number 37820 - pzd-a64. However I keep finding information that says the a64 is for the 2004 and the a62 is for the 2003. Again mine is an 03 all-wheel drive EX automatic. Does anybody know for sure? Is it possible they put the a64 and some late model 2003s?

·
Registered
2008 LX FWD AT
2,759 Posts
They've both been superseded by: Zz1lbGVjdHJpY2FsLWV4aGF1c3QtaGVhdGVyLWZ1ZWwmcz1jb250cm9sLXVuaXQtY2FiaW4mbD0yJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMmYT1ob25kYSZvPWVsZW1lbnQmeT0yMDAzJnQ9ZXgmZT0yLTRsLWw0LWdhcw

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I have found that superseded number on the Honda sites. I am wondering if they need to reprogram with my vehicle information for it to work. I have seen good used and reconditioned ones for much less. They will likely require reprogramming as well

·
Registered
2009 LX, Auto, AWD, Omni Pearl Blue
195 Posts
Have you investigated the ECM repair services out there--there are many of them advertising on the web?

Just google "ECM repair"--there's probably one of these services in your region.

I just went on one of those sites and specified a Honda Element board and it quoted a price of $189.99.

Considering the skills needed to remove the board's conformal coating, desolder the tiny components, clean the used solder pads, install and solder the new component and restore a conformal coating, I would think it would be best to rely on someone who does this for a living.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts