Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a couple of those small circular convex mirrors to help with blindspot visibility, and I'm torn as where to place them.

Should I put them in the upper/outer corner or the inner/lower corner of the driver's ans passenger door mirrors.

Opinions? Past Experiences?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
We have it in the upper/outer corner and it works fine. It took me a bit to get used to it, but it's useful.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought a couple of those small circular convex mirrors to help with blindspot visibility, and I'm torn as where to place them.

Should I put them in the upper/outer corner or the inner/lower corner of the driver's ans passenger door mirrors.

Opinions? Past Experiences?

Cheers
I don't have them myself, although I am seriously contemplating getting them. From what I've seen on other cars and trucks, many actually have them on the lower/outer corner. Not sure which is best. Let me know how you like them and if they seem to help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
outer/lower

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mine are on the lower / inner corner. AWESOME for backing out of the driveway, Scott is kinda psycho about getting a wheel off into the grass, threw a whole conniption fit at me when I tried to back the Rodeo Sport out of the driveway the first day I had her. Since I added these, I don't even have to turn around, because they show the entire side of the car, all the way to the ground. Plus I can make sure I'm inside the lines in a parking spot.

The instructions on mine (like $3 at WallyWorld) said to put them on the lower / inner corner, so that's what I did. Works like a charm. :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine are in the lower/outer corner.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,930 Posts
I've experimented with convex mirrors ranging from 2-3" in both outer corners. For me it didn't make much a difference for me which corner it was in. The convex view stays pretty constant regardless of the flat mirror's angle. The 3" mirrors gave me a better view of the blind spots in adjacent lanes than the smaller mirrors; I think they have a lower amount of curvature, producing a larger image.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Always!!

IT IS ALWAYS THE LOWER INNER!! this is a big issue with me. All instructions tell you the lower inner. Read the instructions. Much, much better view angle.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,930 Posts
Why always?

IT IS ALWAYS THE LOWER INNER!! this is a big issue with me. All instructions tell you the lower inner. Read the instructions. Much, much better view angle.
STOP YELLING !! What instructions? Whose instructions? A loud voice doesn't make you right. If it doesn't impede the other drivers view why should it be a "big issue" for you?

The side mirrors on Elements aren't tractor mirrors with large vertical dimensions. Do you have some specs or math to prove that the convex mirror angle changes if you have the basic mirror properly oriented to begin with? Is there any consideration in your "always" for the height and seating position of the driver?

I always read instructions when they are available but I've bought a dozen of these things from different places over the years, never spent more than $2 on any of them, and never seen installation directions regarding anything except how to stick them on.

I think these mirrors aren't important enough to get excited over.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a set of Muth signal mirror placed on the outer/upper

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I don't have the circular ones,but here is my blind spot mirrors.:)

I did try them in the lower outer corners,but I just didn't like the view it gave.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have mine in the lower outer corner. I can see a little further back in this Vegas Traffic. People/Cops will be doing 70mph thru 45s and helps to be able to see them a little earlier...

·
Registered
831 Posts
I also have the more rectangular wide view mirrors and on the upper out side. I had them on the lower in side and I felt that location restricted the view I like with the stock mirror when I am driving. I am very comfortable with them in the upper out side.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I have mine on the upper/outer, it depends what works for you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After a week of making note of where I looked in the mirrors, I finally decided on outer lower corner. I was strongly considering upper outer, but noticed that I do occasionally reference that spot.

After a week of using them...so far so good.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
I hate to lose any of the original mirror area, so I first added small rectangular mirrors to the support arms with Velcro (which is still visible in the upper two photos). If the mirror ever swung inward the Velcro would let go and the worst loss would be the cheap add-on mirrors. However, because they were cheap the finish had deteriorated after six years, so I recently added these. From Ax-Man surplus for all of $.95 apiece! :rolleyes: Plus they're adjustable! :shock:

I also have the new ones in two different sizes. These are the smaller of the two. So far, they seem fabulous. :cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts