Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team,

Multiple Qs here so bear with me.

My 04 Ex came with the OEM roof rack but Im wanting to mount a pair of wide (78" thule bars from my old van) to carry roof box, surf boards and mount my awning to. What exactly is needed to be done to make this happen?

If I keep things streamline, with the bars I currently have and go with Thule can the bars be moved to different positions on the roof? Or is the OEM placement where the Thule feet/towers need to be mounted?

What specifically do i need to make this possible? Fit Kit? Towers? It was so easy with rain gutters.

TIA

Mike

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Guatz, on the upper right of the page, you will see the word "search". Hit that , and in the box that appears type " roof racks, Thule, etc. mulitable threads will appear, check them out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Team,

Multiple Qs here so bear with me.

My 04 Ex came with the OEM roof rack but Im wanting to mount a pair of wide (78" thule bars from my old van) to carry roof box, surf boards and mount my awning to. What exactly is needed to be done to make this happen?

If I keep things streamline, with the bars I currently have and go with Thule can the bars be moved to different positions on the roof? Or is the OEM placement where the Thule feet/towers need to be mounted?

What specifically do i need to make this possible? Fit Kit? Towers? It was so easy with rain gutters.

TIA

Mike
Zen is right - check out the other posts - tons of info.

You will need to get mounts from Thule, that will attach where your OEM bars are. You can then attach those long bars to those Thule points. Just go to thule.com and use their build guide to figure out what pieces you'll need. You can try to find them for sale on this site, ebay or elsewhere, but you'll struggle. You will probably have to buy the pieces new from Thule or REI or somewhere else...

They would replace that OEM setup completely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts