Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to the EOC community!

I just purchased my dream Element (2009 EX in Citrus Fire Metallic) with the Titanium/Black interior trim. Currently purchasing some accessories to jazz up her personality a bit. After reading the great insights from community members, I am purchasing the following:

1. South Coast Accessories Deluxe Carpet Mat Set in Black
2. Copper Interior Trim Package
3. Leather Steering Wheel Cover in Black/Orange (not OEM, but a nice match from local auto store).
4. Clazzio Quilted Seat Covers.

I love what BoxyButGood did with the quilted seat covers, and I have been kicking around a couple of design ideas. Would love to get opinions on either option. I wanted to go with the lighter color on the outside so it matches the plastic seat base for my E (which very light tan) as closely as possible.

1st Pic- Seats as-is

2nd Pic- Ivory with with quilted inset (black with orange stitching) on set back and bottom. You'll just have to imagine the orange stitching on the bottom seat. Too many curved lines in the quilting to accurately replicate in Photoshop.

3rd Pic- Quilted insert in the seat back only. The seat bottom would be smooth Ivory.

So, community members, which design do you like best? Or is there another design idea you'd like to suggest?

Thanks for the input!

(Photo credit to BoxyButGood for Pic 2 & 3, which I used for a design template)

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Clazzio can do several variations of the insert in perforated leather or pvc, faux suede, or the quilted pattern.

Personally, I don't want a solid color for the insert. Reminds me too much of a panda bear. Was kicking around the idea of ivory stitching instead of orange, though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My vote is for the plaid inserts on both the seat back and seat bottom. Unifies the two seat pieces, I think - and the seat bottom will look cleaner than if it was all ivory. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Annoying gotcha from Clazzio. To get a headrest without the quilted stitching, I would have to pay for new headrests at $25 a pop (!?!?!?). So, the design has changed to all black with orange quilted stitching on the inserts and keep the quilting on the headrest. I did pick up some extra quilted fabric to redo the armrest cover on my awesome salvage find — the full SC console with ebrake assembly/mount and sub cover (I think it even comes with the aux ports and wiring).

Any install tips/tricks from those who have Clazzio in their Es?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another annoying thing is I found out the quilted seats aren't leather. Entire thing is vinyl. Do you need hog ring pliers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts