Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman told me that the lenses of the the speedo/tach gauge cluster of my '09 E scratch very easily and that I should be very careful cleaning them and definitely not use any ammonia-based glass cleaner on them. He recommended cleaning them with a just a little water on a Q-tip swab.

Based on what he said, I've yet to clean them at all. What do you guys do ? :confused:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I use a micro fiber towel and some Windex. I have not had any problems.

Sometimes when I am just dusting the inside off I use a Swifer Duster.

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Best to use a cleaner made for polycarbonate lenses (such as eyeglasses). Most eyeglass cleaners that come in a little spray bottle are OK for plastic—and should say so on the label. You could use a specialty product like Plexus, which is made for plastic motorcycle windshields and helmet visors, but if you're only going to use it on your gauge covers, that could be a little over the top.

OTOH warm water with a little mild detergent should work pretty well too.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Great idea!!! You are not getting any residue from the detailer? Mcguires, or other brand?
Thanks.:)
Nope no residue,just nice smooth and clean.:cool:
I usually use either Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer,or Meguiars Last Touch spray detailer. Really any decent detail spray should be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Hey,

I just wanted to post a big thanks to Eww-an E for this tip about quick detailer and a microfiber towel on the hard plastic interior and gauges!!! I had some of the meguires in the garage, and it even has a nice scent to use inside the E! Used it again tonight after a wash and wax and oooo-weee, it really helps bring the hard interior painted surfaces back to life too!

Thanks for the tip! Just another brilliant idea shared here!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts