Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Element EX with the standard rubber flooring. Muddy weekend at the soccer fields so a good cleaning is needed. Does the floor drain if washed? the mud ran into the cracks along door sill and its hard to clean. So I need to know if I need to just keep damp wiping or can I actually let some water flow to clean them out.

·
Registered
261 Posts
DO NOT flood the floor. That would be bad, for a number or reasons. Damp cloth is the way to go, or let it dry and vaccumm. DO NOT HOSE OUT THE ELEMENT. That is a myth.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Open the sun roof, shut all the windows, stick a hose in thru the sunroof and fill'er up.......................................go buy new car

The best way is to open all the doors, get a leaf blower and go for it, a swifter wet or damp towels will work well also, NEVER NEVER NEVER hose it out

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
How I clean the floor:

1- Let the mud dry.

2- Use a stiff bristle (not wire bristle) brush to loosen up the hardened mud (it becomes the consistency of dust).

3- Vacuum with the Shop Vac (a regular household vacuum cleaner would probably suffice but don't let your spouse find out).

4- Wipe up remaining dust with a damp towel.

5- Finish up with Armor All Cleaning wipes (it will make the floor look like new).

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
This is the best way to destroy the A/C blower motor. You will blow dust into the motor which will eventually ruin it.
Mines a '03 with 115K miles on it and I've been doing it since I got it, granted I blow the dirt out the open doors and not @ the dash........................
Don't forget, the coffees hot

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Doesn't the blower get its air from the cowl? Shouldn't be a problem unless you're blowing dust out of the car into a small, sealed garage while the blower is running. Any air that gets kicked up inside the car will only get sucked into the system if the blower is running in recirculation mode. Even then, the cabin air filters (EX) will catch the dirt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the quick replies...A damp Shamwow did the work just fine. I thought hosing it out was just an urban myth but thought I would ask just in case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts