Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably a dumb question and has probably been answered, but I was thinking about this today on my way to work. I know when I bought my E from the dealer they said you could even "hose out the floors of an element because it has plastic/rubber floors" Now is this true??? I would really like to know. I know I have used soap and water to clean the floors before, but can you really take a hose to the inside? Where does the water then drain out? Has anybody done this before. Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Problem with using a real hose is, you can never get the water 100% out and it will work it's way all over. Then the water will sit under your floor, trim and other places getting moldy and musty. Stick with what you are doing, it is perfect.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Spray mister bottle of any soap/water mixture or glass cleaner ......spray target areas and wipe- good as new....no mess.:D:D

·
Registered
189 Posts
The real problem with the hose idea is the moisture will get into all the electronics then you will be on here saying how much of a piece of C%$&^^*P this Element is.
Never spray water inside unless you are cleaning it up to trade back to that dealer who told you to "hose it out":D

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Spray mister bottle of any soap/water mixture or glass cleaner ......spray target areas and wipe- good as new....no mess.:D:D
^^Those work great.

I usually use this.

It works great too and can be found cheap at alot of stores. I usually buy it at Walmart.:)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I use Bleche-White on the floors. It's made for cleaning tires and does a great job at getting spilled soda off the floor.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
1st thing I do is open ALL the doors and get my leaf blower out - blow out the inside to get all the loose dog hair, etc. out (you should see the look I get from the neighbors)
Then use one of the products mentioned here to clean-up any spills,etc.

Good luck and NEVER hose it out - EVER

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
After the first winter I picked up the front carpet to a very dirty floor especially around the carpet edges. Wasn't sure what to do first so I got a damp sponge & started wiping. Surprise the dirt came up. If it's really bad maybe some soap thats all you need.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the interior cleaning tips. I would have never used a hose on the inside but just wondered or not. I have always just used warm soapy water to clean the floors. I will have to try some of the other cleaning agents above to get some of the sticky areas cleaned!!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
SIMPLE GREEN diluted to the strength needed. It is all I use to clean the interior of the E. It comes out great and smelling fresh. It even works on the seats if you have spilled drinks or melted lolly pops.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I also used Simple Green on my Kiddo's floor, when I detailed his E for a present.
There was like 6 layers of different kinds of beverages "all sticky" EVERYWHERE inside it. No I had no idea how bad it was when I agreed to do it.
What is he doing in there!:confused:

For Christmas I got him an Elemmat so I'd never had to do that again;-)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 18 of 18 Posts