Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My maintenance required light came on a few days ago, but no flashing D. I scanned the ECU with Torque and came up with code P0847. After doing a lot of reading here and elsewhere, I followed these instructions - http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=981932&postcount=17 - and replaced the 3rd gear transmission pressure switch today.

I've only driven it about 8 miles since, but the light still hasn't cleared and Torque still shows the same code when I scan. Is this something that will take more driving before the ECU decides everything is OK, or should I be looking at something else in the system?

EDIT: Just realized after posting this should have been in the Problems / Issues forum, not this one. My apologies. I can't seem to find a way to delete or move this post myself.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Can you clear the code from within the torque app? Only other thing I can think of is to wait a little longer and try to drive at a variety of speeds, at speeds that go in and out of 3rd gear.

Otherwise, maybe that switch wasn't the problem?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The "maintenance required" light means it needs the oil changed and other things. Look in your owners manual to see everything that's due and how to reset it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts