Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to clear my headlights and paint the frame/trim inside. I've seen a lot of people do black, but has anyone done any other colors? If yea, pictures would be appreciated.

It may be stupid, but I was considering red... Will the trim color show or affect the color of the beams? Don't want my headlights looking like my brake lights....

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I was planning on doing mine red today since I have a RR. But I'm going to do one in black also than put them on the car to see which I like best.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I believe there are a few pics floating around with Es that had the headlight color matched... I know Honda Fits used to come with colored trim inside the headlight and it didn't effect the light tint so you should be good. I'm searching for pics now...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I believe there are a few pics floating around with Es that had the headlight color matched... I know Honda Fits used to come with colored trim inside the headlight and it didn't effect the light tint so you should be good. I'm searching for pics now...
I saw one that was painted the same greyish / silver color as the front bumper pieces on the older Elements. It looked pretty nice. I don't remember where in here I saw it though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well, I went with black... Used high temp gloss black engine enamel. Also did the side blinker mod, and I held the spray can about 2ft away from the side markers and put a light dusting over them which blacked them out but they're still visible. Looks good in my opinion, which counts for something... took 2.5 hours for everything.

Dumbass that I am, I didn't check to see if the "temporary" amber bulbs I bought to hold me over til I can find some chromed bulbs would work in the place of the clear directionals... So of course, after I had everything back together, I had no amber in the blinkers. Jerry-rig of the day was using an orange sharpie and coloring them til I can get some in the mail.

Need to buff out the headlights, and then should be all set.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are multiple threads with pics showing the step by step. Search for "clearing headlights"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts