Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll: I saw a posting explaining the removal of the amber in the headlights about 4 1/2 months ago and finding that sticky sealing goop a mess. Anyone have the skinny?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hmmm, read the posts carefully. This operation may be illegal in your state or province.

·
Registered
7 Posts
EVERY MOD IS ILLEGAL HERE IN CALI!!!

LOL well it sure does seem like it!

:?: so how do you do it!! Im about to just start slicing and dicing!!!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
take off the entire headlight housing and throw it in the oven.

bake it for awhile until the seals loosen and pop off the front. then remove the plastic amber insert and reseal it with silicone sealant.

(note, your headlights may fade and turn yellow over time due to improper sealing)

·
Registered
4 Posts
as far as i know about LEGALITY yes it is ILLEGAL to have a cleared turn signals however u can remove them aslong u use an AMBER or RED bulb so it can be visual for oncoming or for the vehicle that is right infront of u, i have a 2001 honda prelude and got pulled over so many times for my rear turn signals cause i cleared it out but most of the cops who pulled me over now doesnt cites me for a ticket cause i change the bulb to RED but u can never tell there are sum cops who are A HOLES and pretty much they can cite u for what ever they want too i myself is thinking of removing that amber piece on my wifes element but the PROCEDUREs are kindda tricky and i dont wanna RISK BAKING my headlight like a damn TURKEY ehehehe well good luck on ur headlights i think it would look COOL without it

·
Registered
141 Posts
You cannot have RED FRONT SIGNAL lights. That is illegal. Only emergency vehicles can have RED lights in the front. That is nation wide. RED READ SIGNAL lights are fine.

Flashing or non-Flashing RED and BLUE lights are ILLEGAL if located in the front of a non emergency vehicle. Flashing or non-flashing BLUE lights are ILLEGAL if located in the rear of a non-emergency vehicle.

It is OK to remove the AMBER lens of your headlights as long as your signals lights are amber.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts