Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 2003 element ex 2wd 129k.miles. I have replaced both from axles Honda oem. The front strut complete assemblies Monroe. Sway bar links and bushings Honda oem. Dorman lower control arms. Timken front wheel bearings and hubs last week. Oem transmission filter and fluid flush. Ebc rotors and brake pads. All 4 Honda motor and transmission mounts with Honda oem. Delphi tie rod ends and lower ball joints. I still don't know what the heck..... Could this be the inner half shaft and bearing mount??? The noise when making the left turns sounds like bearing groaning under load but driving me nuts!!! I use this vehicle for work and long distance driving to and from job sites....any ideas and help is greatly appreciated.. Dropped about 5k in a few months trying to get it super reliable to used for alot more miles.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow, sounds like you replaced pretty much everything in the front end.

Clicking when turning is the classic worn CV joint problem so I wonder if maybe the axles were bad? Maybe it's really old New-Old-Stock and the grease in the axle boots are dried out?

Other than that, only thing I can think of is maybe installation error...Axle nut torqued down correctly? Axle to jack-shaft mounted correctly? Axles can go through full range of motion without binding?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply... The axles were installed correctly and I definitely torqued the oem Honda axle nuts to spec... Thanks to a1 auto. I bought the axles from Honda automotive parts.com which is heavily used on here where I get a crap load of my parts. What do you think about that half shaft bearing being the culprit???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, sounds like you replaced pretty much everything in the front end.

Clicking when turning is the classic worn CV joint problem so I wonder if maybe the axles were bad? Maybe it's really old New-Old-Stock and the grease in the axle boots are dried out?

Other than that, only thing I can think of is maybe installation error...Axle nut torqued down correctly? Axle to jack-shaft mounted correctly? Axles can go through full range of motion without binding?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Could be a number of things. Brake pad clicking with bracket, Inner tie rod, or wheel bearing like stated. I've even seen the dust cover behind the rotor cause such sound before. GL!
PS. Placing a camera in the area at different angles have helped find such issues before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts