Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know the easiest way to remove all the little clips that hold the bumper on? im struggling to just get one off,and i dont know how to go about this..thank you so much and pardon my newbiness!

-trey dubey

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the clips off finally..used a crooked neck flat headed plyers,worked amazingly..now i need to figure out how to run all the wires from the lights to the switch that i need to put next to the cruise control button,only problem is i have no idea how to get through the firewall,if anyone knows the best way or any way please post! its starting to get me deterred from finishing the project,and i dont ever give up unless i know for a fact i have destroyed everything before i got the task complete :/

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
..now i need to figure out how to run all the wires from the lights to the switch that i need to put next to the cruise control button,only problem is i have no idea how to get through the firewall,if anyone knows the best way or any way please post!
Tru the plastic plug by the driver's left foot...by the hood release.

....then between metal "cabin" and plasic fender into engine compartment near hood hinge on driver side. Just use a piece of wire or coat hanger....see this post, or the whole thread it came from.

good luck.....have fun.

Will

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tru the plastic plug by the driver's left foot...by the hood release.

....then between metal "cabin" and plasic fender into engine compartment near hood hinge on driver side. Just use a piece of wire or coat hanger....see this post, or the whole thread it came from.

good luck.....have fun.

Will

I havent gotten around to the diy foglight install but I had planned on doing so. Ive read a little up on it and had thought that the E's came partially pre wired for the fog light install. I thought the pre-wiring was wired enough so that you dont have to go through the firewall yourself. :confused: Did I misread something or is Apriliaguy doing a different(or additional) foglight install compared to the HandA install to the steering wheel switch?

·
12,180 Posts
I havent gotten around to the diy foglight install but I had planned on doing so. Ive read a little up on it and had thought that the E's came partially pre wired for the fog light install. I thought the pre-wiring was wired enough so that you don't have to go through the firewall yourself. :confused: Did I misread something or is Apriliaguy doing a different(or additional) fog light install compared to the HandA install to the steering wheel switch?

If you are installing OEM fog lights you are correct. The wiring coming from the engine bay into the passenger compartment is already there. 2003-2006 E's have the switch mounted beside the cruise switch. 2007-2009 Models have the switch as part of the headlamp stalk.

The access spot that ApriliaGuy has pointed out would be for running wires for aftermarket fog lights.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
If you are installing OEM fog lights you are correct. ...
The access spot that ApriliaGuy has pointed out would be for running wires for aftermarket fog lights.

Yes...sorry....the OP didn't specify OE Fog Light kit, but did mention going thru firewall....so I assumed aftermarket, but I should have specified for clarity. Good catch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts