Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we finally closed the deal on our 'E' today after going back and forth with dealer for the last few days! Man what an ordeal--I'm whipped! :shock: Anyway, ended up with not a great deal, but I can live with it--$21,547 before taxes. That is with side steps, fog lights, roof rack, mud flaps, and wheel locks. Our dealer also offers free tires for life. I'm not sure that will really come into play for us though because that is for the standard tires. I plan on upgrading immediatly to something a little more aggressive, probably and all terrain tire that is bigger. In the range of 235/70/16. So therefore we would not be able to take advantage of the free tires. The deal also includes free detailing 6 times. We have to wait until later this week as they are locating the vehicle at this time. Hoping to have it by Saturday. So, did we do okay?!

·
Registered
82 Posts
You forgot to mention which model. You might check my post on my SOP AWD that I got last week. I paid invoice plus $199 for window tint.

Congratulations they are fun!

- Chris

·
Registered
88 Posts
You could read on and on about how other people paid this much and that much. There will be people who got worse deals. There will be people who got better deals. If you think about it too much, you'll just end up feeling bad!

In the end, all that really matters is how YOU feel about your deal. If you feel that you can afford it and got exactly what you wanted, you did just fine! 8)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah these forums are terrible for buyer's remorse! Of course, they're great for people investigating what to pay on an E. Buying a car is a terrible experience: I already failed to buy one this past Saturday. Dealer wouldn't move from sticker price. If I wanted no-hassle I'd have gone to Saturn. I guess I bring the pain on myself, I could just fork over the money... :lol: right!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'd say that you did pretty well. That's about $1000 of equipment, not including installation. Congrats! I only hope I can do that well tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
You got a great deal I have the exact same E....minus the roof rack, side steps, mud flaps, and fog lights for $20, 600.....so DAMN! you got a great deal....be happy :) :!:

Peace out,
Diane

·
Registered
54 Posts
I paid 21,300 for my 4X4 EX with the following options

Keyless entry
Table leg kit
Tailgate cabana
Crome exhast tip
Splash guards
Rear bumper trim
2 seat bungees
cargo cover
cargo organizer
driver armrest with storage
nose mask

·
Registered
26 Posts
USAA's car buying service tells me that demand for the E is highest in the northwest (lucky me, I live in Seattle) -- so pricing is correspondingly bad here.

Everyone boasting about their great deals should tread carefully: from what I read it's a lot easier to find a deal in, say, TX than WA.

If you're lucky enough to live in an area where you can get an E for something approaching invoice, more power to you. But this doesn't mean that someone in another region can match your deal -- or that they not as brilliant a negotiator as you are.

Unless you're willing to travel long distrances, negotiating power is limited by the local market.

BTW, two years ago I flew to LA to drive home my wife's new MDX because WA dealers were price-gouging with 2k mark-ups over sticker (only five Acura dealers in the entire state).

I could save 1k by driving my E home from a distant city, but for me, now, I'm content to drive 70 miles to shave a few bucks off MSRP.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went into a dealership here in saint louis and was told they were selling them for MSRP due to the demand. After hearing that I went home and got on the internet. I found the email address of the internet manager at the dealership on hondacars.com. In my email to the internet manager I stated that I was sending that email to the other 5 honda dealerships in the saint louis area and I wanted their best avaliable price. You know what, It worked. I would have still loved my E at MSRP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dealers here in Atlanta are a mixed bag, some trying to push the EXs (which I didn't want) and the added features. After a poor start with a dealer far away, I got an internet quote from the dealer 2 miles from my house, I showed up on a Wednesday and got them to nix all of the stuff I didn't want, and got a deal in the low 18s for my DX with air. The "dealer sticker" (you know, the one with all the wingdings added on) said 19,850 but I knew that wasn't gonna fly. Most of the dealers in ATL have plenty of EXs of all kinds, and only a few DXs. Most of these you can check inventory on their dealer websites (accurate). Since ATL is a major air hub, you may E-ven consider flying and and driving out (grin). As soon as the E-conomy picks up these are gonna start flying off the lot and the deals will E-vaporate. I hope I have made myself E-meninently clear! :wink:

CapnMack

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just closed for 20,133 on a GG EX 4WD w/ no options and a mere 4 miles. Freakin' taxes takes it back to sticker...

As for negotiating, yes I've been noticing that people in the NW aren't having as much luck on price. But that's simply indicative of the cost of living there altogether. I bet my house is 3x as much in Seattle. Plus, you gotta think that in Kentucky people are more apt to buy an extended cab pickup for a utility-centric family vehicle. All that said, of the 5 local dealers to Cincinnati: 1 went $300 under MSRP, two went $500 under MSRP, 1 went $1000 under MSRP, and lastly where I bought, $1200 off. I probably could haven't gone another $100-200, or I might have done better in Frankfort, but I'm pretty pleased!

Ah - so now where should I head for deals on accessories? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
12 Posts
You did okay, good enough. I guess it depends on where you are located. I'm in the Bay Area, California and got the same options for under 21K before taxes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would also like to see pictures too pleaseeee
of your beautiful Element :lol: 8) :D :wink: :eek:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well went last night to pick up our E! The dealer got it in at 2pm and had gotten all the accessories on it by 730pm when we got there. Of course they wanted to close out the deal by the end of the month. :wink: We were supposed to pick it up on Saturday.

It is beautiful! I started out hating these cars, but they are growing on me! The side steps really add to it I think. I'll post some pictures when I have a chance. I'm stuck at work today and then tomorrow for 24 hours. So maybe this weekend. I drove it to work today, but can't wait to really try it out on a nice leisurely drive--with the dogs! :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tonight we are buying our element! I must admit that after finding this website and reading everyones messages and buying stories and general excitement over this car it has really spurred my to do it tonight. I don't want to be left out!!!! lol.. I'm in the SF bay area so I suppose my car price will be higher than the rest of the country. Gas is 2.25 a gallon out here for petes sake. But heres my deal...EX 2 wheel drive with 7y/100k warranty for $ 19,530. I used carsdirect.com pricing to get a number I could live with. Now, as long as the dealer doesn't try to change the deal at the last moment or "suddenly" find some extra fees I'll be a full fledged member at 10:00pm tonight!!! WOO_HOO.....wish me luck!

Bobby

1 - 20 of 21 Posts