Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cry: I have found small depressions in the clamshell (metal finish). I dont' think I use that much force to close the door. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:9433ddfd90="Albuquarkee"]:cry: I have found small depressions in the clamshell (metal finish). I dont' think I use that much force to close the door. Does anyone else have this problem?[/quote:9433ddfd90]

Don't shut it by shoving on the metal part. Put your fingers in the depression on the bottom (it's the bottom when closed) edge and fling it down to shut it. Works every time and gets no fingerprints on the painted surface.

·
Registered
57 Posts
[quote:fb41b84bdc="Slowhand"]Don't shut it by shoving on the metal part. Put your fingers in the depression on the bottom (it's the bottom when closed) edge and fling it down to shut it. Works every time and gets no fingerprints on the painted surface.[/quote:fb41b84bdc]

Or, use Slowhand's method to get the door down far enough to reach the rear wiper hub, and shut the door using the rear wiper hub.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let me just mention that I used the rear wiper hub to close the rear hatch too... until the plastic cover eventually cracked and fell off. Believe it or not that cover is $40! :!: I got the warranty coverage since it was quite new at the time but they'll catch onto this. What I've done now is I've cut a half circle of see through 3m clear vinyl or plastic type stuff I got at a motocylcle shop and applied it over the hand hold (like a clear decal). Now I'm not marring the paint and can get a good thud (with a flat hand) when I close it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts