Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm new here, and super pumped about my new 06 Element EX FWD.

I had the Right Lower Trailing Arm replaced and now when I go over a bump or pot hole that is anything bigger than a sewer grate I hear a clunk noise. It's only when driving over bigger stuff and coming from the right side. Mechanic says everything is tight and shocks are good, acting as if it's a gremlin.

Also the airbag light won't turn off even after the part in the error code has been replaced. In fact, it turns on when I turn on the car, and never turns off, even for a second (like some error codes).

Has anyone had any similar issues and known fixes? Let me know if I need to provide more information.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Fillycheese, the rear stabilizer bushings that go around the stabilizer bar are probably making the clunk sound. If you a DIYer they are about 12 bucks a piece and can be changed out without raising up the car. Watch this YouTube link.
https://youtu.be/SRYfxRym-Kw

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I took everything apart in the back after replacing the bushings changed little. It turns out it was a valve or mount in my suspension damper. Ended up replacing the entire assembly for about $220 in parts and clunking noise is now gone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
The airbag light does a self check every time the car key is turned on. If you replaced that faulty part, reset the code and then check to see if the Airbag light comes back on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts