Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my clutch replaced at 65k? Unusually soon in my opinion. Did anyone else have this issue?

2006 Element Manual 2WD EX-P

·
Registered
7 Posts
Clutch mileage

I have 2 E's, 2004 has 147K on the original clutch, still working fine but engages earlier when the pedal is raised during shifting. 2008 has 42K on the car and clutch and still feels new. 65K is a really short life for a clutch, in my opinion.

Zeka

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
You're in SF, right? Might it possibly have something to do with holding the vehicle on hills with the clutch?

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's hard to say. 90% of the time, premature clutch failure is caused by poor driving technique, or aggressive driving. We couldn't say if it's normal because we can't see how you shift, how long you slip the clutch on launch, how high you rev, etc.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I needed a new clutch in my S2000 at 40,000 miles but it was driven aggressively and drag raced at the track a bunch of times.

I got a 13.8 in the 1/4 mile once in the winter. Just drop the clutch at 9000 rpms and it scoots. Hondas are known for soft pad material on the clutches for smooth and quiet operation. The life of the clutch ultimately depends on the driver/s.

·
Registered
25 Posts
110,000mi on my 2003 2WD EX MT before it was totaled by hail. I would say clutch death at only 65K is highly unusual.

But I've seen drivers that leave the clutch depressed while waiting for a light, or inching along in heavy traffic. There's a lot of bad stick habits out there. (not saying that's why yours went out)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts