Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my 2006 EX-P new and I am still finding more ways to use it. Since I now have a Bernese Mountain Dog (Berner) he has claimed it as his. There is enough room in the rear seat floor for him to turn in a circle and he can stand or sit up with plenty of head room to spare. When he sits up and looks forward, his head is between the front seats, making it look like there are three passengers up front. The vinyl seats and rubber floor surface make it a cinch to clean -- just sponge it with Simple Green. (I don't know why non-owners think it can be hosed inside!?!)
I can carry my bicycle inside, upright by supporting it with a bungee to the same handle I hang the rear seats on. My drum set has room to spare. I've hauled shrubs, furniture and any other strange shaped item. What's not to like?
There is only one negative about this box: it is as aerodynamic as a box-kite and driving it on the interstate on a windy day is not for the weak of heart.
If it can hold up as well as my 99 CR-V, it will be legendary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great idea about securing the bicycle that way. That's one reason I'm looking to buy an Element--I have a steel Jamis roadbike that I want to cart around without using an outside rack. It's so much easier standing the bike up inside than wedging it horizontally like you have to in some cars.

What kind of bike do you have?

I can carry my bicycle inside, upright by supporting it with a bungee to the same handle I hang the rear seats on.

·
Registered
496 Posts
2006 Honda Element EX-P - $7750. 135,000 5 speed auto, AWD. Should I buy it?
Depends on condition, maintenance history, previous accidents, % of life left on wear items (like tires) etc.

If it's still good on all of the above; sounds about right. Maybe just a little high.

Show us some pictures.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts