Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Autel Maxiscan MS300 code reader that I bought for my Honda Element 2003 model. It erased the MO141 (heater sensor) error code successfully but the dashboard "check engine" light did not turn off. I've been driving it for 2 days now. How do I turn off the engine light? Is there an undocumented user command to press on the code reader itself, or do I just wait? I don't recall seeing a menu item specifically for turning off the light. Or is there a connect/disconnect sequence I'm supposed to follow? Thank you.

·
12,180 Posts
I have the Autel Maxiscan MS300 code reader that I bought for my Honda Element 2003 model. It erased the MO141 (heater sensor) error code successfully but the dashboard "check engine" light did not turn off. I've been driving it for 2 days now. How do I turn off the engine light? Is there an undocumented user command to press on the code reader itself, or do I just wait? I don't recall seeing a menu item specifically for turning off the light. Or is there a connect/disconnect sequence I'm supposed to follow? Thank you.

EDIT: Section 4.2 or page 12 of the manual shows the code removal instructions.

http://www.auteltech.com/pdf/MS300Manual_1.0_20090319.pdf

4.2 Erasing Codes: [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]CAUTION: Erasing the Diagnostic Trouble Codes allows the Scan Tool to delete not only the codes from the vehicle’s on-board computer, but also "Freeze Frame" data and manufacturer specific enhanced data. Further, the I/M Readiness Monitor Status for all vehicle Monitors is reset to Not Ready or Not Complete status. Do not erase the codes before the system has been checked completely by a technician [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. If you decide to erase the DTCs, Select "[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. ERASE" [/FONT][/FONT]from the main menu by pressing the ENTER button.
[FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings][FONT=Wingdings,Wingdings]�� [/FONT][/FONT]If the Scan Tool is not connected or no communication is established with the vehicle yet, then refer to [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"Reading Codes" [/FONT][/FONT]from 1 to 6. at Paragraph 4.1.
2. A message of [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"ERASE? YES NO" [/FONT][/FONT]comes up asking for your confirmation.
3. If you do not want to proceed with erasing the codes, press the [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]SCROLL [/FONT][/FONT]button to exit.
4. If you do wish to proceed to erase the codes, then press the [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]ENTER [/FONT][/FONT]button.
5. If the codes are cleared successfully, an [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"ERASE DONE!" [/FONT][/FONT]message will show on the display. Press the [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]ENTER [/FONT][/FONT]button to Return to the main Menu list.
6. If the codes are not cleared, then an [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]"ERASE FAIL!" [/FONT][/FONT]message will appear. [FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Error Code Removed but Engine Light Stays On

Thanks - I followed the precise instructions in the manual and the code was successfully removed, but the engine light remained on. I tried connected again but the reader did not find any remaining code, since it had confirmed that the earlier code had been erased. I'll keep trying, thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts