Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
So I bought the KSports and I wanted to post some good info for people looking for Coilovers on the future. This straight from the Ksport USA website. They recently (last few years ago) built a factory in AZ where they make and fix them. I did a lot of research before making my choice. In the end go with what you want and feel best fits you. Thanks all you had valuable input on the thread.

http://ksportusa.com/support-coilover-systems/
Does 08-09 SC also use CHD260-KP?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Honestly I believe the website says for 03-06 Element. However I know for a fact that 12MPG runs them on his 07 SC with no problems. Just like the Tein site says for 03-06 but I believe you can use them on all years just like the K-Sport's. I'm not 100% sure though, give em a call maybe.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
From what I understand is the only difference in the newer (07+) Element suspension systems was the springs are wound in the opposite direction.

When installing a coilover system, you are no longer using the OEM springs or struts so the spring winding direction becomes much less of an issue.

With the Ksports, you get a full front upper mount & pillowball, so I am 99.9% sure the same setup wil fit all year Elements. The rears I am unsure of, and would depend solely on what the top hat looks like where the top of the spring rests against the vehicle. I assume it would work just fine, but cannot say for certain.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
From what I read Audio is exactly right. I get them put on this coming Saturday so I'll put a post in here that night. It is a 90 minute drive home. I'll post one after a month, 3, and 6 months jus to keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Right now I guess I'm at around 2" in the front and rear. Want to be at around 2 1/4" front and 3" in rear. Don't if I'll have to do fender work at those heights but I should be good. I want zero gap!!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm at 1 finger gap in front (sort of) with these wheels and tires. Not sure yet on the rears where I'll be since I'm waiting on them to come home ;-P lol

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm at 1 finger gap in front (sort of) with these wheels and tires. Not sure yet on the rears where I'll be since I'm waiting on them to come home ;-P lol
Well the old tire are 235/45/19 and the new one's are 225/40/19. So I'm thinking I'll have to go a lil lower Bcuz of the smaller tire.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Honestly I believe the website says for 03-06 Element. However I know for a fact that 12MPG runs them on his 07 SC with no problems. Just like the Tein site says for 03-06 but I believe you can use them on all years just like the K-Sport's. I'm not 100% sure though, give em a call maybe.
I'm running KSports on my SC too. I opted for the beefier springs as well.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'm running KSports on my SC too. I opted for the beefier springs as well.
VX do you have any wheel spacers on?? How much rear fender did you have to trim??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Better late than never....what do you like and dislike about yer set up??
I think the spring rates wrong. Its bouncy. Spoons are a bitch too. I have 2 other cars, one on GC coilover conversion/ Eibach springs/ KYB struts, and one on Skunk2 springs/ stock struts. Both ride better than the El. The GCs were nice bc you could 1 hand the ride height adjustment. I guess I was just expecting something more. Im thinking maybe Tein was the way to go.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well that's good info to have for people thinking of going that route. I whole heartdly believe that if kyb or koni made stuff for the E than the GC's for the E would be much better. I did like them while I had them but I'm really loving the Ksport system righ now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are any of these aftermarket options drop in?
or is alittle work required to get them to fit?

I ask bc I need a new suspension, I have a mechanic friend who will help, but he's a busy guy, and the easier I can make the job the less likely I am to have to wait a week while my car sits half taken apart.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Any coilover is going to be easier to put in than lowering springs IMO. Instead of using a spring compressor, ball joint removal tool, and a ton of nut buster-replacing the whole strut unit for a new one is less time consuming and you can adjust the height to your liking. Now downside to that is coils are way more costly. When I had Eibach Pro Kit on I didnt even need the camber kits when I went in for re-alignment. The camber kits will be a must if you get coils. Research Research Research my friend

21 - 40 of 43 Posts