Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Are the beefier rates 549 front and 840 rear?
The fronts are whatever came in the box, only the rears were beefed up... 840ish sounds about right I think. It's been a while... I think I can reduce the stiffness a bit more, as i set them to max at the beginning, then stepped it down to soften things up for the rear passenger, lol.

VX do you have any wheel spacers on?? How much rear fender did you have to trim??
No wheel spacers being used. I estimated about an inch was trimmer off the fender. I sprayed rubber undercoating to the cut parts to prevent rust and whatnot.

Sorry for the late reply guys.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I've been looking into these. I'm sure they came a long way in the last two years. Bigger shock bodies and stiffer rear springs and stronger valving. Realistically, how long will the shocks last on NYC roads and highways?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wrong. The length of the shock's stroke determines the travel. A softer spring rate only means that you get there sooner. All methods of lowering through springs and shocks limit the travel of the suspension and require stiffer springs to keep you off the bump stops.
I respectfully disagree with you sir. Shocks should never control travel. They dampen the motion of the spring. If you bottom the stroke on a shock it will damage it. This is why cars have bump stops If it controlled the downward it would be pulled apart.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts