Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking to get a Cold air intake for my E. I am looking at the Injen, AEM and K & N systems. What is the best one to use with the Element? DO you notice a gain in gas mileage? Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Injen for sure!

So I am looking to get a Cold air intake for my E. I am looking at the Injen, AEM and K & N systems. What is the best one to use with the Element? DO you notice a gain in gas mileage? Thanks
I have the Injen CAI, too, along with their exhaust. Sounds real mean when you step on the gas! Not sure 'bout the mileage, though! My foot has gotten a little "heavy" since I got the CAI!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have the Injen CAI, too, along with their exhaust. Sounds real mean when you step on the gas! Not sure 'bout the mileage, though! My foot has gotten a little "heavy" since I got the CAI!
Ditto!!! I do still get decent MPS but because of the little boast of HP and sound I tend to step on it a bit.

·
Registered
874 Posts
wonder why they dont make one that goes around the battery like the stosk stuff ia routed ,then back in frount of the raidator up high fer some cool air and have more length? theres plenty of room. and no big gulp of watter.(unless your crossing a up kreek with out a paddel)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The injen for 07 up should fit your 09'. The CAI does wrap around the battery, through the resonator hole in the body and end up under the headlight.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I ment all the way around the battery the way the stock unit goes then across in frount of the battery back towards the raideateor :shock: then turn forward & go in front of the raidator behind the H on the grill. no not the hot on your bbq the honda logo on youer E.or even past that for more ram tuning effect

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would agree the Injen makes a nice like CIA ( i have had CIA and SR... i prefer an SR over a CIA... CIA teed to reach max pwr at high RPMs and SR teed to reach max pwr at lower RMPs.

I have rebuilt 270, 300, 350z for years... and prefer the short ram (SR).

I have had all kinds of branks, Injen, F5, K&N, AEM, and Takeda.

For the money the AEM SR intake is the best...

for tuned exhaust i would go with Injen.

(The other con to CIA is cleaning and removing the filter....90% of the time its near the wheel or lower front bumper which can be a pain in the butt)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts