Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2007 SC, had a 2005 previously. We moved the Honda Element Bra from the 2005 to the 2007...finally got rid of the triangular corners because they decided to come loose once and rub on the paint.

Recently we have noticed that the Genuine Honda Bra is really flapping a lot on the highway, causing marring on the hood...not a cool thing. The elastic straps have lost their elasticity...so there is no more tightening of the OEM bra...so we are looking for advice.

First question - is there any difference in the hood between a 2006 and a 2007....what about SC. I'm thinking no, but wanted to make sure before we ordered.

Second...Colgan - I have heard of them, can't say I have good feelings about them for the New Beetle, but looks like a few Element folks are pleased...are their bras good quality and fit?

Third...thing we are going to go with the T-Style Bra because I also saw that people said that even the Colgan nose bra flopped around like the Honda Bra...anyone have any experience with the T-Style Bra? I have one on my Beetle and love the extra protection...just curious if there were any issues with the straps on the inside of the engine bay.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,928 Posts
Have you considered replacing the elastic straps?

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Nobody really runs a bra on a car they care about mainly because they tear up the pain underneath. They're horrible.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Then can anyone tell me if there is a difference between an '05 hood and an '07 SC hood?

I have run a bra on my beetle since I purchased it in 2002...as long as you know what you are doing, you won't ruin your paint. Without the bra, the alternative is unacceptable - rock chips! But that's another topic all together.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting thread. I was wondering why I had not seen any E's on the road with bras. I used to have one on my Neon ... back in the day. It was cute and functional! Win-Win!
I think I would rather have the bra than the rock chips, considering that driving an E is like throwing a brick into the wind. Is it worth it or not? This would make a good poll question!
Sorry I can't answer your question about the T bra. I love your little Beetle though! It looks like a car that Tinkerbell would drive. Sooo cute!:D

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have tried the honda sport bra, then colgen full bra with t-hood, then lebra full bra.

the honda-hated the triangles
the colgen- was very, very well built. ripped due to bumper bang.
the lebra is very thin and cheaply made. fell apart from the wind going over 100mph for an hour straight.

I believe the hood is the same as I sold the hood portion of the colgen to an eoc'er 07 SC.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Rymo...that is exactly the info I was looking for.

I did call Colgan to ask them about the differences in the hood and why they stop at 2006 on their website. Turns out they haven't designed anything for the full bra past 2006. But they did confirm that the hood hasn't changed for the model...so it would be fine.

But the funny thing is, they don't stock the item, they make them custom - per order like Wet Okole.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts