Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jist of it. Clipped on the highway, hit and run, I only had liability insurance at the time, body shops recs in SoCal-Los Angeles and surrounding areas? Trunk won鈥檛 open, right blinker still works and my E is drivable
Advice馃馃徑
Hood Automotive design Wood Bumper Automotive exterior
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire

Registered
The roof looks buckled, not good. Hopefully there are some highway cameras that caught the license plate of the vehicle that hit you.

Registered
Doesn't look like any major structural damage occurred. I would check rt side rear suspension as it looks like it took a good whack. Many times, these kinds of impacts damage hub bearing. Not all the time, but many times. It also looks like its going to be an expensive repair. Some labor rates in California are really up there per hour. In my local area, predominate labor rate ranges between 42-50 bucks/hour body and paint, maybe about 50-60 frame rate.

Good luck.

Also I've learned that if damage looks pretty bad in a photo, its usually worse if seen in person.

Registered
2007 LX MT/FWD
Hello,
I'm glad to see you where not hurt. And, that the glancing blow/collision did not send you into a tail spin(pit maneuver) on the hwy, that would have been bad..
As, for your Element. That will be a very expensive repair "out of pocket", since you only had liability, and no collision repair cost on your policy. The right inner and outer quarter panel took some damage, along with rear hatch outer skin and frame. No, just putting some new glass into that one... and ever thing would be fine.
I would have to say that, the repair cost will be more than you would be willing to pay, out of pocket. Say, in the 4-5k range easy(bona fied shop). Yet, other types of shops may be able to patch it together, for a little less. As, others have said. It look like it's a total write off.

Your, best bet. Would be to sell what parts you can and then send/sell it off too Pick a Part or some other salvage yard, or donate what's left over to a non-profit for a tax write-off..
Again, sorry for your loss. But, you are not hurt is the main thing. Cars can be replaced, you can not. Count your blessing, it could have been much worse.
What year and model is that Element?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts