Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, just got my SOP two days ago (yeahhh!). Would have gotten GGM if that one had arrived instead, but I love them both, so I took SOP. Love the color-coolness of GGM. Wish to heck SOP had similar treatment. (At very least an orange steering wheel cover is warranted, listening Honda?!)

Now besides orange bungee, has anyone done anything/have any ideas on adding some color for those of us with a plain gray cockpit? I'm thinking maybe some orange non-stick for the dash bins might be cool...how about your thoughts?

Steve

·
Registered
159 Posts
Another perspective. Maybe this shows my lack of taste or something but when I decided to buy an E, I immediately eliminated all with colorized interiors just because I thought the gray/black interior was so classy. Nothing else needed other than some colorful bungee. With the amount of orange showing inside around the door frames, not sure why more color would be needed with the SOP. To each his own, of course.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Kim (aka Hellcat) said that she found an orange yoga mat to use in the cargo area to keep things from slip sliding away. I thought that was a great use of color and am now in search for a blue yoga mat to match the EBP interior. The non slip in orange is a great idea (I haven't seen it in rolls like the other colors, but I did see some orange sponge placemats)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also like the idea of colored dash bin liner for the SOP. :D
BTW, I got my 3/16" orange bungee from E-bay and the mini cordlocks from REI.

The yoga mat idea is good, but the only orangy one I've seen was at REI and priced like a Honda dealer item. :shock: We went to Target and found a couple of orange-red non-skid "kitchen rugs" that fit nicely in the back so the dogs don't slide around. They're washable and can be used on the seats, too (also a little slippery for dogs). The advantage of having two rugs is that one can be moved to the tailgate for better dog grip -- less scrabbling on entry & exit.

Love that SOP!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote:e5a6292fb3="StLouisPenguin"]Kim (aka Hellcat) said that she found an orange yoga mat to use in the cargo area to keep things from slip sliding away. I thought that was a great use of color and am now in search for a blue yoga mat to match the EBP interior. The non slip in orange is a great idea (I haven't seen it in rolls like the other colors, but I did see some orange sponge placemats)[/quote:e5a6292fb3]

Yeah, that is a great idea. I have one of those, too. Check TJ Maxx, that's where I got mine. And HeMan, you don't have a lack of taste (and the int. alone is indeed classy looking, I just want some extra class!) -- it's just like you said -- to each his own! :wink: Ooh, drmabq, great idea on the dogs and non-skid, I will use that as I have four furry friends!

Steve

·
Registered
76 Posts
[quote:df1f425eee="StLouisPenguin"]Kim (aka Hellcat) said that she found an orange yoga mat to use in the cargo area to keep things from slip sliding away. I thought that was a great use of color and am now in search for a blue yoga mat to match the EBP interior. The non slip in orange is a great idea (I haven't seen it in rolls like the other colors, but I did see some orange sponge placemats)[/quote:df1f425eee]

I found the yoga/pilates mat at Target (Sporting Goods, along with the refrigerated arm rest :) ) mine is a nice blue $19.95

(That's as opposed to a nice green $20 :twisted: )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts