Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While pondering how to quickly convert the rear cargo area into a comfy bed I thought about the Queen-sized Aerobed we have for guests at our lake home. This bed has proven to be amazingly comfortable and inflates or compresses in less than 60 seconds at the flip of a switch.

A little investigation and measuring revealed that Aerobed makes a nice "Twin Size" Aerobed that is a perfect fit for your Element. The Twin size bed is 39" X 74" and fits nicely. I ordered the Aerobed with cover for $99.99 and free 2-day FedEx shipping from:

http://www.sparebed.com/aerobed-original.htm

The only catch: Aerobeds operate with 110v AC current so to inflate on-site you need a DC/AC power inverter to plug into your 12v oulet. I already owned one so this wasn't a problem, but they're a nice convenience to have with such a versatile vehicle as the Element anyway since you can then plug in a wide variety of 110v AC equipment.

Slide your front seats forward, swing the rear seats up and in 60 seconds your bed is ready for the night- more comfortable than MANY hotel beds I've slept on!! In the morning, open the 2" diameter "drain valve" and your Aerobed is collapsed, folded up and in it's carrying bag in 60 seconds.

Once again... if the Aerobed quilted cover had the Honda logo on it and was offered at your local Honda dealer it would be a $469 option!

Just thought I'd share,

Steve

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joel,

It comes in a bag and is approximately the size of a basketball stuffed in a small rucksack with drawstring when deflated, though it's slightly longer yet smaller in diameter than a basketball- more loaf-of-bread shaped. This includes the quilted cover. If you got the one withOUT the cover it would probably be 20% smaller.

Steve

·
Registered
894 Posts
And now your car really does turn into a big bed. <LOL> :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts