Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I traded my 05mm 16 mos ago or so on an 08 sti. wanted a bit of a change. Started thinking about another E recently and found 2 09 models that I am interested in. I've also got a line on 2 10s that will be in sometime next month (NOV). It will be fun to have a more practical car than the subie. I never thought I'd miss my E as much as I did.
sucks that there is no sunroof anymore tho.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Glad your thinking about returning to the EOC.

The E just gets more things done than the other cars can think of to do.

Welcome back!

Dom

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Glad to hear you're reconsidering getting another E, Csm. Welcome back. :)

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,930 Posts
... sucks that there is no sunroof anymore tho.
Honda's not offering a rear sunroof means you don't have to go for an EX package, which gives you more flexibility in personalizing an E.

If you have your heart set on a sunroof, the original roof position is still available, and the front can accommodate individual moon roofs. Alternatively, you could get a recent year used Element with the OEM roof.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD TRP
2,930 Posts
Sunroof came with 4WD, not the EX trim.
Yes, you are right; I "mis-spoke". The point is still valid though; not having the sunroof bundled in one of Honda's standard packages gives you more flexibility in your purchasing decision, and the cost isn't buried in an unrelated option's package cost.

If I'd had to pay for them separately back in '04, I would have opted out of the rear sunroof and the EXs radio. Other owners may enjoy these, but they don't improve my driving experience or my use of my Element. I think that the cost for non-essential functions like these should be borne by the people who want them and/or need them.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Don't forget the navi...!

Hey CSM,

Just thought I'd put it out there to possibly get the EX-4WD with the Nav-System... Me, I didn't want one because I want to be able to upgrade mine when the time comes...

Hope you get a '10 so we can see all the new "stuff" that it comes with...! Advance congrats and hope she brings you many years of service and enjoyment...!

LBD

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
YAY- one of the originals in my area!!!! Figures . . . now I don't have mine :-(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts