Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that would be me.
my wife got a job in palo alto, so we will be moving to norcal from the nor'east! big change, very exciting!!
it has been suggested to look in sunnyvale or mountain view, as it is somewhat reasonable and are decent places. any other thoughts or suggestions? where do we stay away from??
we are looking to rent. 2 bedrooms would be great.
probably sending an email would be best - [email protected]

cheers!

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Lucky! the Bay Area is the best place in the world! I miss it terribly; SoCal sucks.

I too have heard good things about the Mountain View rental market- relatively good prices, nice town. East Palo Alto seems to be overrun with gangs and their associated crime. Definately try to get something near Caltrain, public transit is the best way to get to work.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Welcome! I'm moving to mountain view by the end of the year.

By rating, MV is slightly better than SV. Both great place to be in. Check the local sfbay.craigslist.org for rentals.

yes, stay away from E palo alto if you don't like gangs. It's not that bad in comparison ...

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
many thanks for info!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
........ East Palo Alto seems to be overrun with gangs and their associated crime.......
I would have to agree with jdiane and rymo926 regarding Mountain View and Sunnyvale. You might also check out Menlo Park and Redwood City. You could still get lucky and find something in Palo Alto. I know EPA very well, I spent my teenage years growing up there.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you! thank you j!!

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Lucky! the Bay Area is the best place in the world! I miss it terribly; SoCal sucks.
I 100% disagree with you!!! You are living in Central Coast and THAT IS NOT SoCal. But anywhere north of where you are might suck! :|

Chief

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I 100% disagree with you!!! You are living in Central Coast and THAT IS NOT SoCal. But anywhere north of where you are might suck! :|

Chief
What!!?? noooooo! The central coast is that stretch of nothing between Pismo and Santa Cruz, the Bay Area is NorCal, and way up north is the State of Jefferson. :grin: ;-) I'm only an hour (without horrible SoCal traffic) outside LA-- we even get local LA news, and all those annoying celebrities... it's like we're North Malibu or something... :twisted: ;-)

Then again, what do I know, I'm from Illinois where it's all either Chicago or "elsewhere"...:roll:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nothing but Big Sur and stuff

OMG, that coast is beautiful. Just back from cycling Big Sur coast in the E, and glad to be back in S.B. area again.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
OMG, that coast is beautiful. Just back from cycling Big Sur coast in the E, and glad to be back in S.B. area again.
I totally and completely agree with you, but I was just responding to a blanket statement that "SoCal Sucks!"

Chief

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Okay... EVERYone loves Cali... Let's leave it at that...

Back on topic Woosterpuss...

Not sure if you still need help or not... Beyond the Palo Alto/East Palo Alto/Menlo Park area, you may want to look at Redwood City (nearest to Menlo)... There are a lot of nice apartments in San Carlos/Belmont and in South San Mateo/Foster city... The Mountain View/Sunnyvale area is Southbound of PA... My suggestions are going Northbound...

It really depends... The further south you go, the closer you are to San Jose/Santa Cruz... The further north you go, the closer you are to SFO and San Francisco... Definitely stay away from Los Altos & Hills, Cupertino, Hillsborough, and San Francisco...! Pricey...!

Congrats on the Mrs. getting the job in THIS economy...!!! Hope to "meet" (pun intended) up with you one of these days...! Oh, if Mrs. Woosterpuss just so happens to get a job at Stanford, there are apartment complexes as well as townhouses (rentals) just northwest of the campus...

LBD

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and the winner is.....

menlo park.
sorry. should have told you sooner.
thanks for the follow up, lunchbox.
we are en route!!
should be arriving thursday afternoon.

be seeing you!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
THIS THURSDAY! WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME.
shoot. I'm in the area tomorrow but not thursday.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
menlo park.
sorry. should have told you sooner.
thanks for the follow up, lunchbox.
we are en route!!
should be arriving thursday afternoon.

be seeing you!
Right on WP...! Glad you made it...! I'll be looking forward to a possible meet out on the "Peninsula" (technically where you are now living)... Congrats and welcome to the Bay Area...!

LBD

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right on WP...! Glad you made it...! I'll be looking forward to a possible meet out on the "Peninsula" (technically where you are now living)... Congrats and welcome to the Bay Area...!

LBD
yep. we made it! me, the mrs, and our two cats in the e drove cross-country.
thanks for the welcome! i hope i can make a meet. i failed on the east coast, but we are off to a fresh start!

be seeing you!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Say more about traveling across country with two cats...:) I've wondered if I could do it with one cat.

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it ended up being pretty good.
i got a medium sized dog training cage i got from petco. it was big enough for a small cat condo and the litter box. also, there was a divider or ramp (not sure which) that i cut down and used a second level bed.
day two was when they started using the litter box while the car was moving. that is the important break through.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
So woosterpuss, did you make it here to the Bay Area?? Did you find a place??
What city did you settle in?? Let us know how things are!! Nice weather, huh??

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So woosterpuss, did you make it here to the Bay Area?? Did you find a place??
What city did you settle in?? Let us know how things are!! Nice weather, huh??
menlo park (see post #12)
nice weather indeed!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts