Honda Element Owners Club banner

401 - 420 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
the carpet set is amazing !

I just received my full carpet set from south coast accessories and I love it ! it fits perfectly and looks great. I have 3 large dogs and it keep them from sliding around in the back when im driving, plus it cleans up easily due to the scotchguarding. I got mine with grey in the front and blue in the back. they were more than happy to make that change for me.
the carpet quiets the ride and music sounds better inside the vehicle.
thanks for making my Element even cooler than it was !!!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Through an odd set of circumstances (a deal that fell through) I actually had my carpets before I had my car. I am happy to say they are fantastic, would buy them again.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
South Coast Accessories 2014 EOC Summer Specials

Announcing our 2014 July4th :holflag: Summer Specials

We're offering Free Shipping on these Custom Products from South Coast Accessories within the Continental USA.

1. Our Custom 'E' Cover - Protect your Element from the Sun, Rain, & Snow. :-D
2. Our Complete Carpet Sets - 2003-2011 Elements and The SC Models. Includes both styles The Classic & Deluxe, and our Designer Series, and our Old School Element Set. 8)
3. The Riley Custom Dog Mat - This is our custom rear cargo mat that will be Personalized with our Embroidered Paw Print & Your Dogs Name on it. No more sliding around on the factory floor and they now have a place to call their own. :eek:die:

This is a limited time offer on orders placed from ( 6/15 - 7/6 ) for our 'EOC' Members Only! We give a special thanks to our suppliers who made this possible for us to pass these savings on to you.

Remember to mention ( The 2014 Summer Special ) on your order, or in our conformation email. You'll receive your S&H Rebate on or before your shipment is made in the form of a check.

·
Registered
861 Posts
GREAT time to buy!!! :shock: I was waiting patiently for a summer special, I didn't think it was going to happen but this is pure luck!

Jerry is a pleasure to deal with (I've just been bugging him over details of the carpet... nonstop...emails...and phone calls...) and he's definitely a class act.

Placed my order for a Deluxe Carpet Set :grin::grin::grin: Heard nothing but fantastic comments about SCA. He sent me a sample of the gray and black so I could see what they would look like in my car. I opted for the black to match my seat covers. Based on the samples, I noticed that the Deluxe version is a real nice thickness... looking forward to the creature comforts of premium carpet (also can't wait to have the padded heel area on the driver's side) and the added noise reduction to my tin can... I will DEFINITELY post lots of pics!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Carpets were finished yesterday, ahead of schedule. Arrived at my doorstep this morning (Jerry sent me an email with tracking).

It's very sunny out, difficult to take good pictures, but I snapped some as a teaser and I'll be back with more pictures later today.

*Big Grin*

Jerry recommends leaving it face down in the sun for about 15 minutes to help it relax before installation. I had time to kill (took the dogs to the beach), so I just left them in my home to relax, upside down of course. Got a chance to inspect them.

3 grommet holes at the factory location, in case you choose to buy the hardware from the dealer (very inexpensive) and secure them. I don't think I will need to because they come with a very good anti-skid backing.

Very nice binding...

The anti-skid backing. I was pleasantly surprised.
Also liked the tags here. Proud to support a local business.

The rear carpet. The carpet is still "relaxing" a bit, but fits really nice. Just like factory. If your seats have room underneath them (The 07s do), then a little bit of the carpet is tucked underneath both seats, just like with the OEM floor mats.

My only gripe so far (and this really is nitpicking...) is that there is a 2-inch long x 0.75in wide area where the anti-skid backing has been scraped a bit (probably scratches against something during handling). It's a pretty tiny area compared to the rest of the carpet, and since the anti-skid backing overall looks to be top notch, I'm not going to worry about it. I'm a bit OCD and I guess I had to find something to nitpick...

Comfortable to just sit in the back and hang out. Carpet provides cushion but is firm. Like I mentioned, it's bright out so hard to take pictures.

Overall, kudos to Jerry and thumbs up... Will be updating you guys with little tid-bits like the quality of the driver side heel cushion, etc. I'll let you guys know how the doggies like the carpet, and of course, will upload more pics later!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Update: Absolutely loving the carpet set. The cabin is considerably quieter (even my passengers noticed...). I suddenly stopped feeling as if I were driving in a tin can, reminds me of my old Acura... I was somewhat skeptical about the sound deadening ability of the carpet because I can always hear the door panels and hatch panel rattling... but doggonit it, I'm a believer now... a large amount of the overall noise must have been coming from the floor panel.

I have a lot of "bubbles" throughout my flooring, I guess folks here have mentioned its a common thing and a result of sitting in the California sun. Carpet works great for smoothing those out, making them less noticeable (previously a large source of irritation for me).

The last few times I've hopped in the car, I've been pleasantly surprised to have a soft and cushioned, yet firm surface underneath me. I kept my old floor mats, and I'll throw them on top when I'm using the E as a workhorse, but this sure gives me that SC feeling of "urban coolness" combined with creature comforts.

The sun is still playing tricks on the camera. The color I ordered is black, and it really is a deep, dark & rich black. Much darker in real life than in these pictures... They're going to be fantastic with my black WO seat covers.

She's a real beauty!! You can actually see how dark it is from this picture:

Driver side.

Passenger side. Hard to tell from the pic, but the carpet conforms pretty much perfectly (as it does the whole vehicle).

Handsome interior... Been laying down on it with a pillow, just hanging out. Would have never done that on my old flooring (ouch).

Another shop of the interior, from a higher angle.

Note the attention to detail for the cuts.

It was worth every penny :razz::razz:

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
yes, we have SCA carpet in the 2006, which we acquired in 2010. now need to get it for the 2004, which we acquired earlier this month. trying to decide on whether to go with front only, as we did for the 2006, or full. we're fully satisfied with Jerry's product, the only question is whether we need carpet in the back.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
decided to go with the full set. looking forward to having the carpet in both E's.
and had to act now cause today is the last day of the sale.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
South Coast Accessories

Thank you Dan, & Cuong for your posts and the others that took advantage of our summer special.

If your thinking of purchasing one of the products on our summer EOC special now would be the time to act. There still is a window of time to order.

Again we thank our manufacture sponsors for the help to make this special possible. :-D

Jerry/SCA

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
South Coast Accessories

Hi Sur Jones,

We always have our EOC members discount of $10.00 on the purchase of our Honda Element Complete Carpet Sets. The other Limited Time Specials are only done with the help from our suppliers who make this possible.

There is no guarantee if and when we can pass this discount on to our EOC. customers. There have been years that they were unable to help us on a program, but the norm is the Christmas week.

Thanks for checking in on us, and the EOC. Members price is the best we offer, as we've sponsored this site for many years. :grin:

Jerry/SCA

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
South Coast Accessories Custom Rear Carpet Section

ELEMENT EX 2009-2011 Custom Rear Section No Rear Seat cutouts
We are helping a fellow EOC owner find a home for his custom rear carpet section. Our customer just sold his 2010 Element EX and asked us to help him find a home for the carpet.
This is a rare find as he always removed his rear seat's so we custom made this piece without the rear seat cutouts. The carpet is Charcoal Grey, and is in very good condition with no damage, stains, or wear. The regular price for this custom full rear section is $199.95+$25.00 S&H, see it on our site ( www.hondaelementmats.com ) The price for this one will be $135.00 + $25.00 S&H. If your a local So. Calif. member we may be able to arrange a W/C for you.
If you have any questions please PM me.
Jerry/SCA

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first post, however I've been lurking around for some time :)
I felt that I needed to give some well deserved praise to Jerry and south coast on a great product, and some of the best customer service I've ever received.

My wife purchased me a deluxe carpet set in black for my birthday. It seems my not so subtle hints did not go unnoticed lol!
Unfortunately she ordered a set for an SC instead of an EX.
But one email, and Jerry had a replacement out to me in ONE business day.
I was blown away.

My carpet set is one of the best purchases I've ever made for any of my cars.. Changed the whole feel of my element. I got exactly what I was hoping for, factory fit and better than factory quality!

Thank you to Jerry for all his help, and thank you to the whole south coast team for putting out a quality American made product.. And backing it up with stellar customer service.

If anyone has doubts, put them to rest.
you will not be disappointed with this purchase

All the best
Matt

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Element Custom Rear Section

ELEMENT EX 2009-2011 Custom Rear Section No Rear Seat cutouts
We are helping a fellow EOC owner find a home for his custom rear carpet section. Our customer just sold his 2010 Element EX and asked us to help him find a home for the carpet.
This is a rare find as he always removed his rear seat's so we custom made this piece without the rear seat cutouts. The carpet is Charcoal Grey, and is in very good condition with no damage, stains, or wear. The regular price for this custom full rear section is $199.95+$25.00 S&H, see it on our site ( www.hondaelementmats.com ) The price for this one will be $135.00 + $25.00 S&H. If your a local So. Calif. member we may be able to arrange a W/C for you.
If you have any questions please PM me.
Jerry/SCA
Thank you for the EOC members interest in the Custom rear section.

SOLD

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
2014 Christmas Specials

Hi Sur Jones,

We always have our EOC members discount of $10.00 on the purchase of our Honda Element Complete Carpet Sets. The other Limited Time Specials are only done with the help from our suppliers who make this possible.

There is no guarantee if and when we can pass this discount on to our EOC. customers. There have been years that they were unable to help us on a program, but the norm is the Christmas week.

Thanks for checking in on us, and the EOC. Members price is the best we offer, as we've sponsored this site for many years. :grin:

Jerry/SCA
We've had a few member's ask if there will be any Christmas special programs for free shipping this year. Sorry to say our supplier's were unable to help us this year. The freight charges have gone up so high, and they mentioned there is another increase scheduled for Jan. 2015.:-(

We still offer a $10.00 rebate for complete carpet set orders for 'EOC' members only. Just mention it in the comment section of the order and the model & year of your 'E'

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours,

Jerry & the gang at SCA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jerry, I just bought a 2009 EX for my daughter and am wondering about the difference between the "Old School" and the "Deluxe". Is it just the "Old School" logo that is different?

Also, I was thinking the color Gray since I'm anticipating my daughter won't keep it as clean as she should, but I'm thinking the interior calls for black. I've attached a photo. Would you agree?

Finally, is your web site still the best way to make the deal should I go through one of your ebay postings? Is any method cheaper than the others?

Many thanks,
John

Attachments

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
New Member ( kerbob )

Hi John,

Thanks for checking in, congratulations on your New 'E' welcome to the EOC.

The Old School Element set is part of our designer series. We have our Old School logo embroidered in the center of our front mat then we have a contrasting binding added which give's it a real custom look. 8)

Looking at the photo of your 'E' I think either gray or the black would look great. The black is our most popular as it doesn't show the dirt.

Pricing: Our site has the best price, and now that your a member of the EOC. you can receive our special $10.00 rebate for EOC members only on our complete sets. :-D

Jerry/SCA

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Just placed an order with a question in the comment box about possibly splitting the front mat and finishing up the edges of it. I would have ordered the SC one, but I'm not sure it would fit since my console isn't modeled after that. There's a gap underneath my console/sub box though, so the mat wouldn't have to be some custom 2 piece job, it would just need to be cut in half and the edges finished at the cuts.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just placed an order with a question in the comment box about possibly splitting the front mat and finishing up the edges of it. I would have ordered the SC one, but I'm not sure it would fit since my console isn't modeled after that. There's a gap underneath my console/sub box though, so the mat wouldn't have to be some custom 2 piece job, it would just need to be cut in half and the edges finished at the cuts.
As far as I know, the company Jerry/SCA works with is a very high end custom mat company and they might not stop production just to do a modification such as this one.

One reasonable alternative for the customer is to go to a local auto upholstery shop and have it cut and rebound. A number of people on the forum have chosen this method to ensure the fit of their Ursa Minor dead pedal with the carpet set.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks Jerry

Mucho Gracias Jerry and SCA. I love my new carpet set I ordered. It arrived last week. Fit and color are perfect. I ordered to blue classic complete set. Very high quality work and very professional owner/ Jerry.
Thank you again, I found this awesome company from EOC on this post, so also thank you to all the great folks on here that continue to amaze me with your knowledge of the E!
Peace,
KSE
image.jpg

401 - 420 of 455 Posts