Honda Element Owners Club banner

441 - 455 of 455 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks for all you did. I'm late to the Element party having just got mine but Carpet is something I will be adding down the road (once the winter thaws) guess I'll have to try the old DIY on this too.

Berz out.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Shopvac

I would think any decent shop vac would work, they have far more power than a regular vacuum and would get into the tough to reach areas.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Carpet for $30

Bought this 4x6 foot entrance carpet from Lowes for $30. Took a little time to cut it to fit but saved a bunch by doing it myself. It's got the rubber backing and sure keeps sh*t from sliding around! We'll see how it holds up. No carpet in the front yet, not sure if I'm going to do that.
[/url]20181106_162125 by back2denali, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bought this 4x6 foot entrance carpet from Lowes for $30. Took a little time to cut it to fit but saved a bunch by doing it myself. It's got the rubber backing and sure keeps sh*t from sliding around! We'll see how it holds up. No carpet in the front yet, not sure if I'm going to do that.
Did you ever get around to doing the front? How did it go?

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
ryanisntcreative, Those look to be priced well. Let me know if you pull the trigger and get them. I'm to a point where i'm ready to spend a bunch on my E. ( All mechanical ) , but would like to get " Professional carpet" , I now have a carpet that I cut from a piece of remnent, it works well, but the cut edges are unravalling.
Now, on a another note, why aren't you creative?

·
Registered
41 Posts
ryanisntcreative, Those look to be priced well. Let me know if you pull the trigger and get them. I'm to a point where i'm ready to spend a bunch on my E. ( All mechanical ) , but would like to get " Professional carpet" , I now have a carpet that I cut from a piece of remnent, it works well, but the cut edges are unravalling.
Now, on a another note, why aren't you creative?

I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I found another seller on ebay (also here https://www.fitmycar.com/us/honda-element-suv-2003-2011-floor-mat-set-3-piece/22437), that I am leaning more towards.

I think they are based in Australia, but ship to the US for free. The pictures look like they have the holes for the OEM grommets, which would be great. I also emailed them about the backing and they got back to me: "The backing of our mats are roughed non-slip rubber which helps the mat to be stable on the floor."

I also asked them about the description, as it says 3 pieces but looks like two. They said: "We apologize for the confusion on what is labelled on our Web site, but you are correct this set is only 2-piece but will cover the whole front and rear floors."

They seem pretty with it. I am not sure if I want carpets, or all-weather mats, or maybe both. I wonder if that would be overkill....

Not creative enough to fabricate my own parts, I guess.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Hey Ya'll, I just received the fit my car mats and I gotta say they look and fit great. From Australia th Tennessee in about 8 days.The only thing is there are only 2 pieces. Nothing behind the seats. Very nice though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Ya'll, I just received the fit my car mats and I gotta say they look and fit great. From Australia th Tennessee in about 8 days.The only thing is there are only 2 pieces. Nothing behind the seats. Very nice though.
I'm considering these too. I would like to see pics if you could post please.

441 - 455 of 455 Posts