Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a tech manual a few days ago and thought this would be useful information to post. I tried scanning the page but it was hard to read so I decided to make up my own using the manual as a guide. I hope it's not too confusing. ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
does this mean somehow we can integrate the stock xm tuner to an aftermarekt radio? a pioneer for example? just a thought, seems possible...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does this mean somehow we can integrate the stock xm tuner to an aftermarekt radio? a pioneer for example? just a thought, seems possible...
I've been wondering that myself. It may be possible if I had the pin-outs of the bus cable.
When I had the OEM radio in, I listened to the XM some but I wasn't impressed enough to buy it. I listen to my Ipod more than anything.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I've been wondering that myself. It may be possible if I had the pin-outs of the bus cable.
When I had the OEM radio in, I listened to the XM some but I wasn't impressed enough to buy it. I listen to my Ipod more than anything.
Does BIG AL make audio house calls thats what I need to know, a field trip to Sunny SOCAL may be needed!!!:evil:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Chew wan pinouts, mang? Chew gottem.

I've been wanting to try this, since I have a Pioneer, but I haven't been able to find a Pioneer cable. Don't forget, you'll have to sent remote turn on and continuous power, as well as ground on the factory plug to get this to work. I think, however, that since they're both made by pioneer, that it should work.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice job on the charts. Very clear and legible. Two thumbs up.:D
Thanks. My obsessive-compulsive disorder kicked in trying to make all the lines straight. :lol:

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
*sniff* I would like to thank the Academy...
You best enjoy it now, it won't last... Next week you'll be back to being trash under everyone's feet... :rolleyes:

Seriously, though - it is a good job.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anybody know the part numbers of the harness for the radio? I'd basically like to make an extension to move the radio. Buying a male for one end and a female with a lot of wiring should get me there. I'm just worried the "universal" Honda harnesses they sell will be missing pins.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anybody know the part numbers of the harness for the radio? I'd basically like to make an extension to move the radio. Buying a male for one end and a female with a lot of wiring should get me there. I'm just worried the "universal" Honda harnesses they sell will be missing pins.
Do you mean for the factory radio? I doubt you will find just an end connector...they usually are sold as a whole wiring harness unit. You might have to find one in a junkyard and cut the end off. What are you going to put in it's place?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'll be putting a new head unit there but want to move the factory unit. I found a metra harness that I would use to install an aftermarket unit but it only has power and speaker wires and it's setup for the EX system with integrated amp. I need the end that matches the plug into the stereo too. Metra has that part number, but not all of the pins are there.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts