Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I went off these Schematics to wire my 08 SC and they are completely off. Nothing lines up with my wiring. Colors are different, whats marks Remote is not remote... I need some help. I just need to know the left and right speaker leads (front or back) and the remote.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Used the Diagram on the first page and everything turned out great. Installed component set in the rear doors. Eliminated the stock sub. Used both channels for a Pre-amp converter to get signal to myt amp. Reason I didnt just tap into the Speakers was this way I have independent Sub-control. I can lower or raise the Sub by itself without having to raise or lower the bass on the door speakers. Thanks a lot guys.

Running Kenwood Components in rear doors
Stock front door speakers (For now)
Kicker CX1200.1 Amp
Kicker 10" L5 Solo-Baric in Kicker Slim style box

It hits really hard. Might upgrade to a 12"L5 to use up all the RPM power from this amp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know if the wiring guide is the same for ALL Elements, specifically a 2010 EX, AWD, w/NAV? I've searched everywhere but cannot verify this information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am having trouble removing the subwoofer housing in my 06 ex; the two side screws don't seem to budge when pushed in...how exactly are they supposed to come out? Thanks for any help or tips!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Anyone know if the wiring guide is the same for ALL Elements, specifically a 2010 EX, AWD, w/NAV? I've searched everywhere but cannot verify this information.
The wiring is NOT the same for all Elements. My own element has either a Civic or some other type of harness and neither Amazon Garage nor Metra was able to pinpoint the harness I needed. I actually had to use a later version harness than is listed for my Element. (supposed to be 40-HD10 Antenna and 70-7863 Amp retention harness) NOT A SINGLE PLUG MATED or was keyed to fit.

The best thing to do is to take a photo of your stock Head unit and post it online. I had to use the following parts to get a Kenwood HU in place:

Metra 70-1730 Amplified Harness (plugged right in to speakers and sub)
Metra 40-HD11 OEM Antenna to Aftermarket HU adapter. Plug and play.

I had to Eyeball these and pray I didnt fry anything, but it worked flawlessly.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts