Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a couple of threads on installing the trailer wiring.

1) Some people suggest that you have to wire the entire harness in right from the engine.

2) Other instructions I've seen suggest that there is already a pre-wired harness that you just plug into (behind the panel on the passenger side).

Before I bother to work my panel off, I was wondering if anyone can set the record straight for me.

Thanks.
:?:

·
Registered
118 Posts
The accessory wiring harness plugs into the vehicle wiring behind the passenger side rear panel as you stated. No other connections are required. Just follow the directions as written. You will find them on the HandA.com website so you can see in advance what is required. :wink:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Well, the actualy hitch took all of 20 minutes to bolt up but this wiring harness looks like a pain in the arse! I need to take the right rear interior body panel off then find the box and thread the harness down underneath the vehicle! Jeez you would think they could have made it a tad easier, I hate removing panels from inside my vehicle.

-2 on overall design points. :cry:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.