Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering having an ecamper installed, and in the meantime I will be day dreaming about all the spots I can visit up and down the CA coast. I love in San Diego and love to surf. Can you name some beach spots I could practically park on? Or how about some other more traditional camp spots? What do you all recommend?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Kirk Creek in Big Sur is close to Sand Dollar beach which is a popular surf spot. Very primitive camping there but amazing.

New Brighton State beach in Santa Cruz, kind of an urban campground but on a cliff over a really nice beach close to surf spots.

There isn't a ton of on the sand camping that I really know of. If you're in Encinitas you know about San Elijo. San Clemente State Beach is a decent surf spot. Doheney State Beach is on the sand but not much for waves there and the water is kinda dirty.

Pick up one of Tom Stienstras california camping books. They are always a good resource.

Happy camping!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kirk Creek in Big Sur is close to Sand Dollar beach which is a popular surf spot. Very primitive camping there but amazing.

New Brighton State beach in Santa Cruz, kind of an urban campground but on a cliff over a really nice beach close to surf spots.

There isn't a ton of on the sand camping that I really know of. If you're in Encinitas you know about San Elijo. San Clemente State Beach is a decent surf spot. Doheney State Beach is on the sand but not much for waves there and the water is kinda dirty.

Pick up one of Tom Stienstras california camping books. They are always a good resource.

Happy camping!
Thanks for the info. Man, I cant wait to get up to Big Sur one day...it looks incredible! Can I ask how you are enjoying your ecamper? Are you a CA resident? I am really interested in the ecamper, but I am struggling coming to terms with the price tag at the moment. I need guidance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts