Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks, I have been lurking on here for about 3 weeks now and I am thinking about getting an Element. I am looking for something that offers more room than my current Mazda RX8 and I like how "different" the Element is. I saw one last month on 20's with a nice clean interior and I it started my quest to gain more info. I am looking for a preowned one and I would like to find out what types of things I should be on the look out for.

I have a full checklist of things that I will be doing to it so it wont stay stock for long (cosmetcially at least). Any advice you guy/gals could provide would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS

This is a link to the one I am looking at buying. Pics dont display, but if you click on them they will come up.

http://hendrick-honda-charleston.ebizautos.com/detail-2006-honda-element-ex-4088848.html

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Get an SC. It is the best of both worlds :) I had an EX back in 04 and i loved it but theres nothing like an SC, between the people doing the console or front end swaps etc i think alot of people will agree.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get an SC. It is the best of both worlds :) I had an EX back in 04 and i loved it but theres nothing like an SC, between the people doing the console or front end swaps etc i think alot of people will agree.
I would love to however I cannot find an SC in the price range I want to be at currently. Besides some of the mods I have planned would superceed some of that stuff... ;-)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I never liked the interior of the SC. Call it "out there", but i aint THAT out there.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
to each his/her own, but what besides carpet and the console is even worth mentioning that is different? and those are the two most common things people do to their regular E's interior

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are thier any transmission issues, or engine issues? Anything that the elements are "famous" for as far as defects go? I've seen some cosmentic stuff on here such as the bubbling floor, but not much else. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm very excited about the possibility of this vehicle.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Are thier any transmission issues, or engine issues? Anything that the elements are "famous" for as far as defects go? I've seen some cosmentic stuff on here such as the bubbling floor, but not much else. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I'm very excited about the possibility of this vehicle.
I very recently bought an '07 EX and yeah.....just brace yourself for all the love....HAHAHAHA....it's true. I absolutely LOVE this car beyond all reasonable comprehension. The ride is phenomenal....lots of room to move. I'm tall....and I feel like I'm finally in a car with enough headroom. I just came over 600 miles on a road trip with lots of beach adventures. It's nice not to have to worry about sand in the car. Who cares? I can just brush it right out with a whisk broom. I have had NO troubles with this car whatsoever, and I've had it since March. The heat works well in the winter, and the air-conditioning works well in the heat. I wish the intermittent wipers were adjustable -- they aren't. Other than that absolutely no complaints. I've owned a lot of cars in my life. This is the best one -- hands down.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Well being a Honda, the Element is famous for the Engine and Transmission. A problem free engine and transmission.

You will be happy with the E as far as reliability and economics are concerned. The floor bubbles I have with my E are just from the rubber mat expanding in the heat and pushing up. When the floor cools down it settles back to the floor. You won't really notice it after a while, I only noticed it at first when the E was still new and any little oddity was catching my eye.

What is your locations and are you looking at 2wd or 4wd???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well being a Honda, the Element is famous for the Engine and Transmission. A problem free engine and transmission.

You will be happy with the E as far as reliability and economics are concerned. The floor bubbles I have with my E are just from the rubber mat expanding in the heat and pushing up. When the floor cools down it settles back to the floor. You won't really notice it after a while, I only noticed it at first when the E was still new and any little oddity was catching my eye.

What is your locations and are you looking at 2wd or 4wd???

I'm in Charleston SC and looking at a 2wd. A 4wd would be ok, but its not my 1st choice.

Thanks to everyone who has chimed in thus far. The dealership is putting together financing options for me now, so we will see. I took it on an extended test drive today and it was a neat experience. Time will tell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts