Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am considering buying a quicksilver 10.0 to tow with my 03 E. The trailer's dry weight is 1020, but will a/c and accessories, I'm guessing I'll be closer to 1300 pounds.

I am planning to drive cross country this summer with this set up, and I'm nervous about killing the transmission on my car. Any input? Should I install a transmission cooler (it doesnt have one - I looked)? Or would it be adequate if I change the fluids right before the trip?

Thanks!

Melanie

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
I haven't driven cross-country with my teardrop trailer, but from what I've heard you'd be fine.

I'd have the brakes checked out and at least have the brake lines bled.

Brakes are most important.

Congrats on a great little trailer!

:)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Yes the E has a built in tranny cooler...(if you have an automatic transmission)

have a look at the trailer thread, and see what everyone else is pulling...

You should have no problems with yours

·
Registered
155 Posts
I built this camping trailer, and it tops out at 2,000 lbs. The trailer is equiped with electric brakes, the E has a class 3 hitch, new "heavy" duty tires, and the largest rated transmission cooler that will fit. The brakes on our E are in spec, brake fluid is clean. The shocks were replaced at 60K before towing the "Towster".

The E is rated at 1500 lbs max. I can tow this trailer with ease. I have full confidence when towing because it stops easily, and I drive defensively. Your results may vary.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/album.php?albumid=395&pictureid=1920

1 - 8 of 8 Posts