Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if any one is doing honda element conversion vans yet, maybe add 18 inches to the roof (I'm tall), and maybe even extend the length 12 inches. I would love this, a nice small, non-gas-guzzling camper van. The old volkswagen vanagons hads something like this. Another thought: how long til Honda makes a hybrid electric of this van? I'm just very anti-SUV and 4WD when you don't need 4WD, but pro-Honda Element...

·
Registered
504 Posts
[quote:3c4ca5912b="markymark"]I was just wondering if any one is doing honda element conversion vans yet, maybe add 18 inches to the roof (I'm tall), and maybe even extend the length 12 inches. I would love this, a nice small, non-gas-guzzling camper van. The old volkswagen vanagons hads something like this. Another thought: how long til Honda makes a hybrid electric of this van? I'm just very anti-SUV and 4WD when you don't need 4WD, but pro-Honda Element...[/quote:3c4ca5912b]

I think adding 18 inches to the roof would make the already bad aerodynamics worse and waste fuel... :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
76 Posts
an extra 18" !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
how tall are you?
i'm 6'2" and find the headroom to be more than sufficient.

i agree...any more vertical and you'd be pushing the aerodynamics of a mack truck.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I've always considered the element an SUV or wagon, but never a van. If you want a van, you might as well wait for the new microbus that vdub is putting out in 2004-2005.

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote:ebab39b8b3="markymark"] Another thought: how long til Honda makes a hybrid electric of this van? I'm just very anti-SUV and 4WD when you don't need 4WD, but pro-Honda Element...[/quote:ebab39b8b3]

From other threads here I believe it will be mid-2004 before you see a hybrid E, but it is coming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all these replies. I'd have to agree with the aerodynamics issue. An element was parked in front of my apartment last night, so I got another good look at it. Another one is for sale near by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.