Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so call me crazy, but I was at work the other night on break and got to thinking, how would the E look with the top chopped? And how hard would it be to do. Will the suicide doors still open? I don't know I just could picture it and I think it would look awesome. What do you guys think, let me know. :-D

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Chop Top The E?

ok sorry I meant chop it to make it like a convertible. Take the entire top off.Like you would when you take the camper shell off a truck. :grin:

·
Registered
3,150 Posts

Still think it's a good idea?

·
Registered
228 Posts

That poor E, I'd put it out of its misery if I could.
So sad.
Too disfigured to work on Broadway,
Too flashy to hide from public view.

The J

·
Registered
717 Posts

ok i'll say it. your crazy.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

Elemen-O-P said:
(Imma get ripped for this...:| )

Aside from the paint and chintzy surfboard rack..... I kinda like it. :)
Hate to say it as well... I'm a pretty conservative guy, stock tires, stock paint, stock stereo... if that E were a normal color without that stupid rack, it might look pretty cool for certain locales.

The stupid thing about it is remove the solid roof that might actually be able to hold some weight and then add some half-assed rack to hold the surfboards. For just cruising around, with a decent color and no dumb rack, it might be nice.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Elemen-O-P said:
(Imma get ripped for this...:| )

Aside from the paint and chintzy surfboard rack..... I kinda like it. :)

start running! LOL :grin:

-tom :)

·
Registered
87 Posts

Also in the vein of getting ripped....I'd like to raise the top about six inches to fit a Honda CRF450 dirt bike inside. Ok, I understand this is going to hurt :evil:

·
Registered
717 Posts

ElementPilot said:
Also in the vein of getting ripped....I'd like to raise the top about six inches to fit a Honda CRF450 dirt bike inside. Ok, I understand this is going to hurt :evil:
probably not so much!
before:

After:

·
Registered
2,142 Posts

That's kinda like what Dodge did...

·
Registered
87 Posts

Very nice work Tom108. A terrific Photoshop "chop" of a raised roof E.

I wonder if a fiberglass cap could be grafted onto the E? In van convesions, the fiberglass cap often leaves the door standard height. A few have the rear doors extended.

The challange for the E would be to to make the clamshell doors work full height. Maybe the top clamshell door could be moved up and the lower door made bigger? Certainly not a weekend project!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Well thanks for all your inputs on the subject, I think it's best to leave the E as it is. Once again thanks. :grin:

·
Registered
69 Posts

To quote Simon Cowell (American Idol) "Absolutely Dreadful"! I hope that Honda never decides to make a convertable Element. Daimler Chrysler ruined the look of the PT Cruiser by making it a convertable.

·
Registered
717 Posts

E MENTAL said:
To quote Simon Cowell (American Idol) "Absolutely Dreadful"! I hope that Honda never decides to make a convertable Element. Daimler Chrysler ruined the look of the PT Cruiser by making it a convertable.
as mucha as i hate the PT i think it looks better as a convertable. :confused:

-tom :)

1 - 20 of 243 Posts